No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum, Loeffler: Chavez-Golovkin Deal is Getting Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum, Loeffler: Chavez-Golovkin Deal is Getting Close

Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, was asked if he had signed a contract to do a certain amount of fights at the Forum in Inglewood, California. He answered in the negative.

"I don't believe in exclusive deals," he said. "Nothing would please me more if other promoters made use of this facility and put on matches that would appeal to the fans. I think that's the way I was brought up. I did so many matches at Madison Square Garden, but never on an exclusive basis." [Click Here To Read More]

please dont dick tease us bob, just get that deal done.

Comment

60-40 i KICK YO ASS!

Comment

GGG will OWN Chavez again. Go to YouTube

I just watched the GGG and Chavez Jr 5 round sparring session on YouTube so idk why this fight is being made when GGG owned Jr every round already and was taking it easy on him with head gear on. This will be a 10-2 decision in GGG's favor cause of the Mexican beard but Martinez is going to take another 0 from another fighter when he beats GGG easily mark my words. He's not going to stand there and trade with him he's going to box his ears off and frustrate him to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherducks View Post
          I just watched the GGG and Chavez Jr 5 round sparring session on YouTube so idk why this fight is being made when GGG owned Jr every round already and was taking it easy on him with head gear on. This will be a 10-2 decision in GGG's favor cause of the Mexican beard but Martinez is going to take another 0 from another fighter when he beats GGG easily mark my words. He's not going to stand there and trade with him he's going to box his ears off and frustrate him to death.
          Yeah and Spadafora beat Mayweather in sparring... it says nothing really

Comment

I was damn near guaranteed that this fight wasn't happening this year.. so I ain't buying this talk from these two guys

Comment

If this fight goes down it will lessen the pain of knowing stevenson-kovie is dead this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherducks View Post
                im a big ggg fan i think he will outbox chavez bad, but thats just sparring, fighters lose a lot in sparring

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                  If this fight goes down it will lessen the pain of knowing stevenson-kovie is dead this year.
                  Basically my feelings towards 2014. I think this is even more satisfying because its come out of the blue and no ones really clamoured for it. Just a big enjoyable fight for anyone involved.

Comment

i think this will be the best PPV of the year. People love hating on chavez (and I'm kinda guilty of it myself at times especially when he fails to make weight/fails tests etc) but when the guy is motivated and fit nobody can deny he is dangerous (with a diamond chin). Should be a real test for GGG especially since he is moving up for it so Chavez is gonna be by far the bigger man.

of course that all depends on Chavez being in shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X