Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado: Marquez Will Be My Redemption Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado: Marquez Will Be My Redemption Fight!

INGLEWOOD, CALIF. – Boxing is back at the Forum (3900 West Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, Calif. 90305) and the historic inaugural brawl will feature four-division world champion and Méxican icon JUAN MANUEL “Dinamita” MÁRQUEZ battling former junior welterweight world champion and the pride of Colorado “Mile High” MIKE ALVARADO.

Márquez (55-7-1, 40 KOs), of México City, a longtime Forum stalwart who never lost a fight at the legendary boxing venue, and Alvarado (34-2, 23 KOs), of Denver, CO., will collide in a 12-round World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title elimination bout on Saturday, May 17. The Márquez-Alvarado welterweight rumble will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing®, beginning at 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. The winner will challenge the victor of the upcoming WBO welterweight championship rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, Jr. Márquez and Alvarado boast a combined record of 89-9-1 (63 KOs) -- a winning percentage of 90% and a victory by knockout ratio of 71%. [Click Here To Read More]

The greedy, egotistical promoters and networks are ruining boxing. Although Marquez clearly lost to Bradley, he's a Hall of Famer and should be fighting meaningful fights. Alvarado was just stopped; he didn't just lose a decision. I think it's an interesting fight and I think Alvarado can win, but the fact that Marquez had two options: Ruslan or Alvarado is pretty pathetic.
    Last edited by Snake4380; 03-26-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
      The greedy, egotistical promoters and networks are ruining boxing. Although Marquez clearly to Bradley, he's a Hall of Famer and should be fighting meaningful fights. Alvarado was just stopped; he didn't just lose a decision. I think it's an interesting fight and I think Alvarado can win, but the fact that Marquez had two options: Ruslan or Alvarado is pretty pathetic.
      Alvarado is a very good fighter. Pkus JMM is 40 and mayve slowed a lil. This is a very good fight - its no thurman v julio diaz

Comment

Then bring it, Alvarado. Make this a war to remember. Stop with that weak boxing crap you have been trying to pull off, use that intelligence and mix it with your more successful pressuring ways.

Comment

The sad thing is that if Marquez somehow ends up losing this fight, we will still get Pacquiao-Marquez V. I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            The sad thing is that if Marquez somehow ends up losing this fight, we will still get Pacquiao-Marquez V. I guarantee it.
            Agreed. This is Bob Arum's musical chairs. Same thing GBP is doing also btw.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              I actually think that a Marquez loss will make it more likely that the fight happens. Marquez will be desperate for a fight..and he knows Pacquiao's style so well..he'll feel it's his only shot at winning that WW title.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Then bring it, Alvarado. Make this a war to remember. Stop with that weak boxing crap you have been trying to pull off, use that intelligence and mix it with your more successful pressuring ways.
                I'm not sure that approach would work for Alvardo. Marquez is a master counterpuncher. The last three fighters to really pressure Marquez (Diaz, Katsidis, and Pacquiao) were all knocked out for their trouble.

Comment

Marquez is Done

Based on the fact that Bradley easily defeated Marquez, I think that Alvarado will win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
                    I actually think that a Marquez loss will make it more likely that the fight happens. Marquez will be desperate for a fight..and he knows Pacquiao's style so well..he'll feel it's his only shot at winning that WW title.
                    He will be desperate for a fight?,because of money or legacy ?
                    BTW i completely disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X