No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Ponce De Leon Reconsiders Retirement Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Ponce De Leon Reconsiders Retirement Road

Former two-division world champion Daniel Ponce de Leon is now reconsidering the possibility of retiring from boxing. Ponce De Leon, 33 years old and forged a career with 45 wins in 51 fights and a total of 35 knockouts, suffered a second round TKO defeat to underdog Juan Manuel Lopez last weekend in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

Following the loss, which is his second TKO defeat in his last three fights and the second TKO loss to Juanma, the Mexican veteran was considering the possibility of retirement.
    [Click Here To Read More]

C'mon, Ponce. Hang 'em up. You just lost in two to a shot fighter. SMH

Comment

So is Gary Russell Jr down to fight now?

Comment

Think about it like this..you are planning to retire after you actually knocked down the person who ko'd you...yea Juanma is shot to ****

Comment

That's what's up

Comment

It is probably time, he has had a good run for someone with I will be generous and say an awkward style.

Better to walk away too early than too late

Comment

He should reconsider what he needs to do when he gets hurt instead.

His last two knockout losses were similar: he got dropped and then got trapped against the ropes taking punches, giving the referee a chance to stop the fight.

I feel bad for him, because he was never given a chance to recover (especially against Juanma).

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                So is Gary Russell Jr down to fight now?
                lol,good one

Comment

Of course they are going to support him, who else is going to pay the bills? They sure as hell aren't and I doubt he is rich enough to retire.

Comment

I don't think he should retire just yet. Being knocked out by someone you were beating, and clearly is a big puncher, doesn't necessarily determine whether you still got it or not.

When you get dominated by a journeymen, then you should consider retirement.

But, Ponce and Juanma are pretty much carbon-copies of each other. Both southpaws. Both have big power. Both are very slow but willing to trade. Both are very mechanical. It was really only a matter of who puts who out first.

Comment

Working...
                    X