Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Forget The Judges, Cotto is Going To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez: Forget The Judges, Cotto is Going To Sleep!

WBC middleweight champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (51-2-2 28KOs) finally got his man. On June 7th at New York's Madison Square Garden, Martinez will defend his world title against former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) in the main event of an HBO Pay-Per-View card.

Martinez is confident he will prevent Cotto from achieving history. Cotto aims to become the first boxer from Puerto Rico to win world titles in four weight divisions.

The Argentine star is not worried about getting robbed with a bad decision, because he intends to close the show early.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm curious, has Cotto been floored since he's moved up to 154?

Comment

No he hasn't, but at the same time he hasn't fought anybody at 154 with any real power. Austin Trout is a true 154 pounder but not really a power puncher. I really feel that Cotto is in way over his head with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
        I'm curious, has Cotto been floored since he's moved up to 154?
        Pretty sure the last person was Pac

Comment

martinez would need to hit cotto at will to get a stoppage win. if cotto plays it safe and fights on the back foot, martinez needs to be aggressive and push the pace. problem is martinez has those knees holding him back. cotto might just pull of a win

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I just think that even with a bad knee, martinez just dwarfes cotto in every way. He's still faster, bigger, hits harder, and slicker.

Comment

I see Martinez doing a Quintana impersonation

Comment

I hope if it doesn't go well for Cotto, that the fight is stopped. He's been in too many wars and has taken way too much punishment. Nothing to be ashamed of, he's had a great career, and I doubt anyone here can say that Cotto never entertained them.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBox1ng View Post
                  No he hasn't, but at the same time he hasn't fought anybody at 154 with any real power. Austin Trout is a true 154 pounder but not really a power puncher. I really feel that Cotto is in way over his head with this fight.
                  Way over his head or not, just support and enjoy the fight. This is what boxing should be about. Fighting the best (even outside your weight class) should be the norm not the cherry picking that we see going on today. Sure the decks are stacked against him but the intriguing part of the fight is that there very well could be an upset. This is the fight we as fans need to support, not the cherry picking nonsense that we see being sold as fights when in actuality, they are glorified mismatches and sparring sessions. If fans do their due diligence, this fight should outsell Mayweather -Maidana but it probably won't cos most they don't really understand what a good fight is.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    I see Martinez doing a Quintana impersonation
                    No!it will be Cotto doing a Pacquiao impersonation all over again, no way he beats Martinez keep on dreaming, becuse that's what Cotto will be doing once Martinez lays him out in the ring, and I respect Cotto as a boxer, but he won't be winning this battle.

Comment

Working...
                    X