No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Matthysse Deny Mayweather-Maidana Rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Matthysse Deny Mayweather-Maidana Rumors

Manager and Argentine promoter Mario Arano has denied the recent reports which state that his client, Lucas Matthysse (34-3, 32KOs) , will return to the ring on May 3rd against Fidel Maldonado Jr. - as part of the Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana Showtime pay-per-view undercard.

Arano confirmed BoxingScene.com's previous report, stating that Matthysse and Keith Thurman would be featured in separate fights on April 26th at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If I was Matthysse's manager I'd jumo at the chance!! Maldanado is average and has a suspect chin, so its a good bounce back fight for Lucas to look good on, and probably get the knockout! Plus he puts himself back in the spotlight in a huge event!! It's a win win as far as I can see... Regardless I'm looking forward to the return of The Machine

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      If I was Matthysse's manager I'd jumo at the chance!! Maldanado is average and has a suspect chin, so its a good bounce back fight for Lucas to look good on, and probably get the knockout! Plus he puts himself back in the spotlight in a huge event!! It's a win win as far as I can see... Regardless I'm looking forward to the return of The Machine
      Probably wouldn't get much money for a fight like that even if he was on Floyd's card. He's right at the door step with the best at 140. No need to jump way down in competition like that.

Comment

He should reschedule for a fight after may

Comment

With a supposed 8K Argentines coming over to watch Maidana in Vegas, I would say it would be a smart idea to get Lucas Matthysse on the undercard.

Both Maidana and Matthysse fight in the style that Mexican fans embrace. Add to that the fact Mayweather is a polarizing figure and you have a crowd of Argentines, Mexicans and Floyd haters all going to vegas to see this fight, and all buying it on PPV.

Comment

Floyd's fights are the biggest thing in boxing.

That kind of exposure would be good for Matthysse, a lot of my friends who are casual fans don't even know who he is which is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              With a supposed 8K Argentines coming over to watch Maidana in Vegas, I would say it would be a smart idea to get Lucas Matthysse on the undercard.

Both Maidana and Matthysse fight in the style that Mexican fans embrace. Add to that the fact Mayweather is a polarizing figure and you have a crowd of Argentines, Mexicans and Floyd haters all going to vegas to see this fight, and all buying it on PPV.
              Who even said this undercard spot is even on the table?

Mayweather decides what fights are on his care and you answered your own question. If 8,000 are coming over to see Maidana, then why would Floyd even consider another Argentinean fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Who even said this undercard spot is even on the table?

Mayweather decides what fights are on his care and you answered your own question. If 8,000 are coming over to see Maidana, then why would Floyd even consider another Argentinean fighter?
                I never said the undercard spot was on the table, I said I think it would be a good idea to put him on the undercard.

Miguel Angel Cebreros from ESPN deportes radio reported a few weeks ago that there was a lot of excitement in Argentina over the Maidana fight and the Martinez fight. They estimated that about 8k Argentines could be coming to Vegas for the Maidana fight. With Matthysse another Argentine on the card, may be able to bring even more.

Also, why not consider him? If his fight won't cost much why not? He's an exciting fighter, not only will excite the Argentine fans already there, but will be able to get the Mexican fans excited as his style is fan friendly.

Comment

Thank god he's not partaking on that bum-fights undercard, with that bum of an opponent... you're better than that Lucas.
                  Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 03-18-2014, 08:36 PM. Reason: Reason for editing

Comment

Working...
                  X