No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia on Hererra: You Have To Beat The Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia on Hererra: You Have To Beat The Champ

Angel Garcia, father/trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, says Mauricio Herrera did not do enough to win the titles on Saturday night in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Herrera put forth a very good effort and fell on the cards with a majority decision. One judge had scored it a 114-114 draw, the exact score that several experts tallied at ringside.

Angel complains that Herrera fought dirty and the referee allowed it to continue. He wasn't impressed with Danny's victory, but fully believes his son pulled in enough rounds to get the decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

so true!!

Comment

One of the dumbest cliches in boxing. You dont have to beat a champ anymore so than you do a non-champ

Somehow people think you get extra credit in a fight because you came in as the champ

Comment

Ish is so dumb... you gotta win 10 rounds instead of 7 because having the belt gives me that special privilege

Comment

I had the fight a draw, same as many ringside scores. But hey. I think it was closer then it's being made out on here. But I can't see giving Danny more then 6 rounds. And 116-112 Danny......that's a joke.

Comment

Well, I guess in a way it's true. In Puerto Rico, he didn't do enough to win, but he sure as **** did everywhere else in the world.

Comment

But he did beat the champion Angel, that's the problem.

Herrera had your son busted up, bleeding, confused, and retreating most of the fight.
              He took the fight to your son and beat him.

Comment

Right when I started to really like Angel. I remember he said he'd never lie, and keep everything 100% truthful. He was on a roll for a while, but there is no way he truly believes Danny won this fight.

Angel let me down.

Comment

str8 up robbery, , disgusting

Comment

And no, you dont have to knock the champ down, or dominate the champ.

I understand the benefit of the doubt could go to the champ in close rounds, but you dont have to do all the **** that Angel said. You just have to have a higher score on the scorecards at the end of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X