No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Seeking Meaning From a PR Evening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Seeking Meaning From a PR Evening

by David P. Greisman - Not every fight means everything, but every fight means something. Some of these somethings mean less, though just because they mean less doesn’t mean they mean nothing at all.

We knew that this past Saturday’s Showtime card aired out of Bayamon, Puerto Rico, wouldn’t be the most meaningful broadcast. That didn’t make the fights meaningless. Boxing at times can resemble episodic television programming, moving the characters and drama along and building toward conflict and a conclusion.

Middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs is being built up toward his second world title shot, which will likely come against Peter Quillin.

Heavyweight prospect Deontay Wilder is being built up toward his first world title shot, which is expected to come against the winner of the upcoming rematch between Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola.

Junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia is continuing to be built up as a star and potential future opponent for Floyd Mayweather Jr. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    by David P. Greisman - Not every fight means everything, but every fight means something. Some of these somethings mean less, though just because they mean less doesn’t mean they mean nothing at all.

We knew that this past Saturday’s Showtime card aired out of Bayamon, Puerto Rico, wouldn’t be the most meaningful broadcast. That didn’t make the fights meaningless. Boxing at times can resemble episodic television programming, moving the characters and drama along and building toward conflict and a conclusion.

Middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs is being built up toward his second world title shot, which will likely come against Peter Quillin.

Heavyweight prospect Deontay Wilder is being built up toward his first world title shot, which is expected to come against the winner of the upcoming rematch between Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola.

Junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia is continuing to be built up as a star and potential future opponent for Floyd Mayweather Jr. [Click Here To Read More]

I wish the WBO made Gennady mandatory challenger for the title..

Comment

Well Poppa I don't like to see you sitting there so lonely all by yourself so I'll add my contribution...

"...And mountains are being built up out of molehills ....."

Comment

Thank you for not using compubox numbers in this column. =)

I think your columns are a lot more vivid without the cold and robotic compubox numbers interrupting the narrative. I just dont think boxing and stats belong together the same way baseball and stats do.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-17-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Oscar was ready for Floyd and beat him, IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X