No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Ponce De Leon Could Possibly Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Ponce De Leon Could Possibly Retire From Boxing

Former champion Daniel Ponce De Leon, 33-years-old, could possibly retire from boxing after suffering a second round TKO defeat at the hands of Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez on Saturday night in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Back in 2008, Ponce De Leon (45-6, 35KOs) was knocked out by Juanma in one round when they were super bantamweights. It was Ponce De Leon's second TKO defeat in two fights.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yea...

If you get stopped by little ass Mares then stopped by a shot to **** Juanma, you need to go.

I honestly picked Ponce cause I thought he was the fresher of the two.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

No shame. Dudes a warrior; I'm sure he made some good money.

He can always train fighters to make some extra money, he does have a gym.

Comment

hes been beat from pillar to post, and juanma beating him is the icing on the cake

Comment

He got beat by a shot as hell Juanma so he should. But besides that very nice career. Accomplished a lot.

Comment

He shouldn't retire. He can still make some good $$$$ being a gatekeeper. Ponce had a good career especially seeing him grow. Remember when he fought in the first Golden Boy cards and he lost a war to Caballero, that Ponce De Leon was a one dimensional cave man but he got better through the years.

Don't retire De Leon you can still make $$$$

Comment

An overachiever and a half. Probably the slowest fighter to ever get a title, but he did that with timing and a hard nosed work ethic. Much respect to this Warrior. To think that he was outboxing Mares before getting careless, which is his main flaw, is pretty amazing. I think he could go on another streak if he wanted to but maybe he's had enough of the sport. I'll always be a fan.

Comment

ponce is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  ponce is a joke
                  Lol I'm sure you would have a more successful career.

Comment

Man I really like Ponce I don't want him to retire just yet. I think he can have a few more fights. He doesn't deserve to go out like that. He was hurt but he could have finished that round and maybe pushed more in the next. But best of luck to him in whatever he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X