No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Maybe I Need To Think About 147 Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Maybe I Need To Think About 147 Move

Danny Garcia retained his WBC and WBA titles by defeating Mauricio Herrera on Saturday night.

The American also remained undefeated by winning the light-welterweight bout in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, on a majority decision. Two judges scored the bout 116-112 in favour of Garcia and the third had it 114-114 as Garcia improved his record to 28-0. Herrera, also a American citizen, dropped to 20-4, including seven knockouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

you may need to think about a LOT of things Danny, you know lateral movement, defense, learning how to throw punches properly so you don't have to depend on left hooks and low blows

Comment

He is stupidly big for 140. Look at the size of his head. That's the only reason he can take a good shot, size advantage over the rest. At 147, he's going to lose that advantage. Thurman would hurt Danny bad but we know GBP won't give One Time that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        He is stupidly big for 140. Look at the size of his head. That's the only reason he can take a good shot, size advantage over the rest. At 147, he's going to lose that advantage. Thurman would hurt Danny bad but we know GBP won't give One Time that fight.
        You have some humongous balls posting that with a picture of Santa Cruz as your avi, much respect.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          You have some humongous balls posting that with a picture of Santa Cruz as your avi, much respect.
          Santa Cruz got even bigger balls. Imagine those balls.

Comment

If Danny Garcia wants to keep being taken seriously he needs to move up to 147 no doubt. A fight against Provodnikov would be great.

Comment

He's got Collazo who's willing & waiting for Danny to come up. As a matter of fact Collazo was there watching the fight & I'm pretty sure he took notes on Herrera's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                Elaborate.

Comment

He could try; but, if he did, I suspect that he would finally run out of luck in that division. His power might not be as significant as in 140, and his defense is not particularly impressive. But then, still, he is good enough as a solid class b, and his fights aren't particularly boring; plus his fracking dad always makes me laugh!

Comment

I took one look at Danny at the weigh in and knew he might have a problem. Definitely needs to move up. Another problem is that Danny seems to fight to the level of his competition. Had he walked Herrera down and been more aggressive I don't think it would have been close..

Comment

Working...
                    X