No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Angulo Generates Over 350K PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Angulo Generates Over 350K PPV Buys

NEW YORK – Last Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV® presentation of “TOE TO TOE: Canelo vs. Angulo” generated well over 350,000 buys, Showtime Networks Inc. and event promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, announced today.

The four-fight telecast, headlined by Mexican boxing superstar Canelo Alvarez’ impressive 10th-round TKO over fellow countryman, Alfredo Angulo, was a “knockout success,” according to Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports®.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not bad at all.

Comment

Coming off a loss with a subpar dance partner, this not bad at all

Comment

mexico

wouldn't expect any less from my fellow Mexican fans!! I bet if you put two Mexican taxi drivers that hate each other from Tijuana on PPV they'd sell.. Still good for Canelo..

Comment

350K is a decent number

I can't trust anything Schaefer or Espinoza ever says though.

Comment

The "Future"! Get ready boys/girls cause in the next year or 2 he will be the biggest thing in boxing.

Comment

I hate to be bias. Just like I bash Bob Arum numbers..I gotta bash this as well.

350K means around 150k...I'm not fooled

Comment

Still don't understand how people truly believe that Mayweather has little to do with the numbers, smh! I don't want to hear that same @$$ "they want to see him lose" $h!t either...I've never ever ran into a guy that said he's buying a 70 dollar ppv to see someone lose! I don't buy ppv of anybody I'm not excited to watch...PERIOD! If I don't care for that fighter rather it's he's fighting style, personality or whatever...I'M NOT BUYING!

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph 916 View Post
                  Still don't understand how people truly believe that Mayweather has little to do with the numbers, smh! I don't want to hear that same @$$ "they want to see him lose" $h!t either...I've never ever ran into a guy that said he's buying a 70 dollar ppv to see someone lose! I don't buy ppv of anybody I'm not excited to watch...PERIOD! If I don't care for that fighter rather it's he's fighting style, personality or whatever...I'M NOT BUYING!
                  Your rong most people buy Floyd's fight to see him lose. Even roger mayweather admited that in an interview.

Comment

The Numbers Are In...

Welp, I guess this debunks the notion of Canelo being responsible for Mayweather's PPV numbers. Canelo by himself only gets 350,000 buys. Now all the May haters have to find another way to try to discredit the dude.

Comment

Working...
                    X