No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kermit Cintron: The Killer Reborn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kermit Cintron: The Killer Reborn

By Thomas Gerbasi - It may have been the sign Kermit Cintron needed that everything was going to be all right. Seven months removed from his last fight, a ten round decision win over Jonathan Batista in Miami, Oklahoma, the former welterweight champion knew that he wanted to make another run at a title, but he knew things had to change for him to get there.

The first order of business was reuniting both personally and professionally with strength and conditioning coach Joe Pastore, who was with Cintron (along with trainer Marshall Kauffman) back in the early years of his career. The next was bringing in a new trainer in the form of Javan “Sugar” Hill, the nephew of the late Emanuel Steward and a rising star in the coaching biz in his own right. It was risky to revamp everything at the age of 34, but as soon as he started hitting the mitts with Hill, it all came together again. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Thomas Gerbasi - It may have been the sign Kermit Cintron needed that everything was going to be all right. Seven months removed from his last fight, a ten round decision win over Jonathan Batista in Miami, Oklahoma, the former welterweight champion knew that he wanted to make another run at a title, but he knew things had to change for him to get there.

The first order of business was reuniting both personally and professionally with strength and conditioning coach Joe Pastore, who was with Cintron (along with trainer Marshall Kauffman) back in the early years of his career. The next was bringing in a new trainer in the form of Javan “Sugar” Hill, the nephew of the late Emanuel Steward and a rising star in the coaching biz in his own right. It was risky to revamp everything at the age of 34, but as soon as he started hitting the mitts with Hill, it all came together again. [Click Here To Read More]

Couldn't even read the story... Kermit "The Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
      Couldn't even read the story... Kermit "The Killer"
      Killin' it like that chick is killin' ice cream. Kermit "Vanilla" Cintron.

Comment

Headline made me lol .. Jus sayin!

Comment

Comment

You all must of forgotten the knockouts he was doing against some boxers, until Margarito took his soul. Hell he should of won vs Williams even if he went flying out the ring all funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
              You all must of forgotten the knockouts he was doing against some boxers, until Margarito took his soul. Hell he should of won vs Williams even if he went flying out the ring all funny.
              yall musta forgot! kermit was a ko artist. he did posses one punch ko power. i really dont count the loses to margarito. he was later found out to be a cheater. i remember cintron saying tonys punches were un-naturally hard(he said this before the plaster was discovered)he made this statement with respect not accusation. i hope the old kermit does return because if not he will be remembered as a chronic under achiever.

Comment

can't wait to see this fck do a matt hardy stage dive again

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

LMAO i was so confused for a second. I thought i had missed some under the radar Cintron ko this past weekend......ahhh Kermit Cintron...Good times, good times.

Comment

The #1 p4p fighter would find an excuss not to fight Cintron if Cintron hadn't ran into Margarito.

Wish him the best, if he finds his old form at welterweight, he going to find it difficult to get the top guys to fight him.

The author is right he's done a lot in the sport and reached the top, he should be proud of himself.
                    Last edited by bose; 03-12-2014, 02:02 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                    X