Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Surprised With Angulo's Lack of Power, Authority

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Surprised With Angulo's Lack of Power, Authority

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was very surprised with how easy Saul "Canelo" Alvarez dominated Alfredo Angulo on Saturday night. In nearly every round, Canelo landed his punches at will and barely missed any of his hard right hands. The fight was finally stopped by referee Tony Weeks in the tenth.

From the very first round, Angulo looked like a shadow of the fighter who dropped Erislandy Lara twice in a fight filled with fireworks in June of 2013. In that particular contest, Angulo was aggressive, throwing many power punch combinations and digging in with vicious hooks to the body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well I guess this ends the fix talk because Schaffer certainly wouldnt bring it up if true but he is feeding the trolls.......lol

Comment

Angulo did look godawful.

Comment

Canelo established himself early. I think fight fans have a tendency to buy into a fighter's bravado too much. When Canelo hit him in the first round, I think it was with a left hook, he left an impression on him that stayed with him throughout the fight. Moreover, matters were not helped by Canelo continuing to string his shots together.

Comment

It's called being drained, self-doubtful and going against a superior boxer.

Comment

Something tells me that Schaeffer already knows that Maidana is a huge underdog and he will be saying something similar come May 3rd

Come May 3rd,

"We all know that Maidana is not the fastest guy in the world ..... but Maidana is a dangerous puncher and you can't keep your eyes off of him. He can change the fight with one punch but tonight he really didn't seem to have too many punches which could become a game-changer. Tonight there weren't many of those. Like the punches he landed on Broner. None of those punches he threw (with Floyd) had an (that same kind of) authority or bad intentions"

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              Canelo established himself early. I think fight fans have a tendency to buy into a fighter's bravado too much. When Canelo hit him in the first round, I think it was with a left hook, he left an impression on him that stayed with him throughout the fight. Moreover, matters were not helped by Canelo continuing to string his shots together.
              Great post.. Totally agree,,, I don't know why some posters can't understand that canelo dropped bombs early to head and body, and kept coming in combination and angulo never even got started... Great fight by canelo

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                I agree that first punch hurt angulo. You can see it once it landed. And the body work he did on angulo took a lot of his power and conditioning away. That's why his punches didn't have much power behind them.

Comment

Weren't these the same excuses when Angulo lost to Cintron? He looked weak, he wasn't powerful, he was drained, wasn't himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;atas View Post
                    weren't these the same excuses when angulo lost to cintron? He looked weak, he wasn't powerful, he was drained, wasn't himself.
                    seahawks!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X