No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Stiverne Discusses Rematch With Chris Arreola

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Stiverne Discusses Rematch With Chris Arreola

Ryan Burton catches up with heavyweight contender Bermane Stiverne to discuss his rematch with Chris Arreola for the vacant WBC championship, discussing the first fight and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When I watched Arreola vs Stiverne.... Arreola was the favorite, Stiverne had questions about his ability to step up....

My impression, after that early knockdown and busted nose on Arreola's face, was whether or not Stiverne could finish..... He couldn't.... He busted Arreola up pretty well, but couldn't finish him off..... I've seen Arreola several times before, a tough SOB.... I wasn't sure if Stiverne was respecting Arreola's power or if he was genuinely unable to finish the job....

Arreola was not the same after that knockdown.... I was waiting for Stiverne to go in for the kill the whole rest of the fight.... Arreola proved to be very stubborn..... I was impressed how he managed to make a fight out of it, the rest of the way, despite his injury.....

This time around Stiverne should have the confidence to capitalize on his opportunities.....
    I'm just not so sure he'll get that chance again.... A fit and motivated Arreola can be a beast... Stiverne did not face a top notch Arreola for most of the first fight.... No way did Arreola expect to get dropped like that.... He should be ready this time...

If I'm Stiverne, I'd expect Arreola to be very aggressive and game plan around that.... I'd box him and force him to waste energy in pursuit.... I'd tie him up, pull a Andre Ward the first half of the fight.... Then exchange later.... He should realize that the fight is in Mexico and a close decision is not in the cards for him.... He'll need to exchange eventually.... Stamina has been a issue with Arreola in the past... I'd put my faith in dominating the later rounds...

If I'm Arreola, Id expect Stiverne to set traps.... Trying to capitalize on my over aggression.... So I'd try not to let the moment influence my approach.... In Mexico you want to please the fans, but do so with caution.... That's the lesson learned from the first fight.... I'd be methodical, walk him down and pressure Stiverne.... Take what's given and not force things... Keep enough gas in the tank to go 12 strong... But if Arreola can hurt Stiverne he needs to jump all over him and finish....

This should be a interesting fight... Wlad has already asked for the winner..

Comment

I dont see the point of this rematch, Stiverne beat the breaks off of Arreola.

Comment

Working...
      X