No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Chavez Beats Vera, Salido Shocks Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Chavez Beats Vera, Salido Shocks Lomachenko

Former World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. unanimously outpointed Bryan Vera in a super middleweight rematch Saturday night at the Alamodome, rebounding from perhaps the worst performance of his career. Chavez (48-1-1) had winning scores of 114-113, 114-113 and 117-110. In September, Chavez struggled while outpointing Vera (23-8) in a disputed ten round unanimous decision in Carson, California. Chavez failed to make weight, forfeited a six-figure portion of his purse and appeared to allow Vera to win the later rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

To whotf is this a shock to? This was an insult to pro boxing n I'm glad it went down the way it did. This is not the UFC... Anyway good night of boxing. I like Loma but he needs fights under his belt.

Comment

Vera's chin held up but Jr was just too much.

Entertaining fight.

Comment

Good win for Chavez but he was getting tagged left and right, a harder puncher at 168 would have got him out of there.

Comment

Good fight. Both Chávez and Vera have granite chins, and heart. they are Mexican

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            Good fight. Both Chávez and Vera have granite chins, and heart. they are Mexican
            He's going to need his Mexican chin against GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Juan,000,000 View Post
              To whotf is this a shock to? This was an insult to pro boxing n I'm glad it went down the way it did. This is not the UFC... Anyway good night of boxing. I like Loma but he needs fights under his belt.
              Loma needs to go back to fighting 17-18 year olds. There is nothing special about what he did last night. He doesn't let his hands go. Don't see him beating anyone with a belt at 126 anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                Are they really Mexican? So is Victor Ortiz..

Comment

dont care how chavez jr looked in this fight he is still a bum he was getting tagged big time, and good win for salido and i dont wanna hear s hit about the weight loma got compansated for the extra weight he could have said no
                  too soon for loma

Comment

I really really gained some respect for Lomancheko last night..don't think he'll be a super successful fighter but he could've pulled out of that fight..if Salido was 147 on an unofficial scale..how heavy is this mofo ballooning up to after his fights?. This cat came in 21 pounds above the division he was fighting in...boxing needs to stop this bullshhh...not only did he come in the bigger fighter but fought dirty as fk at that. Don't think Salido has much pop moving up in weight so he'll get his at 130 or 135 but Lomancheko won some fans with that 12th round..that was almost one hell of a comeback.

The mexican/southern latino faithful will fan Chavez Jr's flame like he did something..he was supposed to stop Vera..he was supposed to beat Vera easily..if anything these two fights do more for Vera than they do for Jr..

Comment

Working...
                    X