Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cazares Warns Frampton: I'm No Kiko Martinez or Hirales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cazares Warns Frampton: I'm No Kiko Martinez or Hirales

Hugo Cázares travels to Northern Ireland for his intriguing clash with rising star Carl Frampton fully aware of the task at hand. The former two time world champion has no doubt that he can win, but respects the abilities of the 27 year old Belfast man.

“I know he’s a strong fighter, he’s fought with the Mexican fighter Raúl Hirales and also Kiko Martínez,” Cázares told BoxingScene. [Click Here To Read More]

I can't see Frampton losing this one, but I'd be very surprised to see him get the knockout Cazares is very durable! He's still a credible opponent, but at 35 and a few weight classes away from his prime!

As long as he gets the Santa Cruz fight or the winner of Kiko/Hasegawa I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      I can't see Frampton losing this one, but I'd be very surprised to see him get the knockout Cazares is very durable! He's still a credible opponent, but at 35 and a few weight classes away from his prime!

As long as he gets the Santa Cruz fight or the winner of Kiko/Hasegawa I'm happy!
      I have to agree. At 35 Cazares is a lot slower than the slow he was already. He won't be able to catch Frampton and/or hurt him, and Cazares won't be able to run when he gets hurt. He's tough enough to make it a fight and a really good tune up, maybe an upset on a bad night for Frampton.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I have to agree. At 35 Cazares is a lot slower than the slow he was already. He won't be able to catch Frampton and/or hurt him, and Cazares won't be able to run when he gets hurt. He's tough enough to make it a fight and a really good tune up, maybe an upset on a bad night for Frampton.
        Yeah I'd be honestly surprised at an upset as Frampton isn't one to cut corners in training, and the McGuigan's don't like to overlook anyone, but Cazares isn't a tomato can and he can give anyone a difficult night!

I think it will be a good scrap as both guys make for interesting fights..

Comment

cazares wont make it to the 6th

Comment

Working...
          X