No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Vasquez-Shafikov, Shiming-Kokietgym Weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Vasquez-Shafikov, Shiming-Kokietgym Weigh-in

Saturday’s doubleheader telecast airs at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on HBO2. The telecast kicks off from CotaiArena at The Venetian Macao in Macau, China, as flyweights Zou Shiming and Yokthong Kokietgym square off for eight rounds and lightweights Miguel Vasquez and Denis Shafikov meet in a title fight slated for 12 rounds on HBO2.

[Click Here To Read More]

MIGUEL VASQUEZ is a very discipline boxer,he makes ever the weight also if he started at heavier divisions,i'd like to watch him prepare a fight in the gym because he has to be a very tough bastard in training!!!

Comment

Vasquez should win this fight has fought 3 southpaws in row so that stance should not be a problem for him

Comment

Let's go Shiming!!

Also hoping Vazquez gets his running ass beat up. Can't stand the guy as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Let's go Shiming!!

Also hoping Vazquez gets his running ass beat up. Can't stand the guy as a fighter.
          That dude shiming is fighting has a good record,should be interesting,shafikov dont know nothing about him,but the dude is really lil,so hes gonna have to get on the inside and vasquez is very good at maintaining distance,so idk if shafikov can get on the inside he should be able to get vasquez out of his comfort zone,and hopefully a good fight breaks out,but i agree vasquez does have a snoozer type style...

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            That dude shiming is fighting has a good record,should be interesting,shafikov dont know nothing about him,but the dude is really lil,so hes gonna have to get on the inside and vasquez is very good at maintaining distance,so idk if shafikov can get on the inside he should be able to get vasquez out of his comfort zone,and hopefully a good fight breaks out,but i agree vasquez does have a snoozer type style...
            I know man. This guy doesn't have 4-5 fights like his first 3 opponents... 18 fights under his belt, 15 wins 11 by KO and won his last one by first round TKO. If Shiming sucks as much as some claim, he will be tested tomorrow. This was a significant step up. Arum is taking a risk hoping that Shiming will be ready for a title shot at the end of the year.

What irritates me about Vazquez is not only his running style but the fact that he calls himself "Titere"... what kind of titere runs like a chicken.

Comment

I know man. This guy doesn't have 4-5 fights like his first 3 opponents... 18 fights under his belt, 15 wins 11 by KO and won his last one by first round TKO. If Shiming sucks as much as some claim, he will be tested tomorrow. This was a significant step up. Arum is taking a risk hoping that Shiming will be ready for a title shot at the end of the year.

What irritates me about Vazquez is not only his running style but the fact that he calls himself "Titere"... what kind of titere runs like a chicken.
              Yeah and those guys from thailand can fight,almost almost all of them have backgrounds in muau tai and alot of them make the transitions very well into boxing...to be honest wit though regarding shiming,im not to impressed by him but if he beats this guy convincingly i might change my tune on him a lil,but if he struggles,he could go down as all hype no substance,you know wut i mean!!

Comment

You don't know what titere means?

Comment

Working...
                X