No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Continues March as Boxing's Cult Favorite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Continues March as Boxing's Cult Favorite

By Jake Donovan - A show in Mexico designed as a showcase for a lower-weight phenom proved to be pivotal in the careers of three fighters by the time the night was done.

Roman Gonzalez saw his fight with Juan Kantun play out exactly as scripted, overcoming a determined challenger to break him down and stop him inside of six rounds Saturday evening in Tapachula, Mexico. The supporting bout was anything but predictable; former 115 lb. titlist Rodrigo Guerrero opened strong and rode out a brief rally to stop previously unbeaten Daniel Rosas in seven rounds.

Despite appearing on the same show, the fights aired via different televised means; Gonzalez’ win in the main event aired live on Canal 2 in his native Nicaragua, while Guerrero-Rosas served as the televised main event of a one-hour delayed airing on TV Azteca. [Click Here To Read More]

Winning a Flyweight belt will definitely catch the eye of one of the bigger promoters...especially if it's another Estrada win

Comment

The Rosas VS. Guerrero fight was amazing!

Comment

Roman is a Sensation in Nica, with a History of Great Fighters...
        When Mayorga Fought the Country STOPPED, Everyone was at their TV's....

Reminded Me of when Joe Louis Fought and everyone in the US gathered around
        their Radios!!!

Comment

I love watching Gonzalez fight but his opposition has been almost pathetic. He's fought one good fighter in like the last 5 years, give me a break. Since fighting Estrada he's nothing nothing accept stay busy. Its hard for me to really get behind him until he starts to fight and beat top level competition. He's almost as bad as Garry Russell Jr when it comes to fighting TBA.

Estrada fought Gonzalez, Viloria back to back and fought Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr in 2011.

Yaegashi has fought Propramook, Ioka, Igrashi, and Sosa since 2011 and fought Eagle Kyowa in his 7th pro fight.

In that same time frame Segura has bounced back from a horrible loss to Viloria and he fought Sosa, undefeated Gonzalez, and Marquez.

Estrada, Yaegashi, Segura, Marquez, these are the kind of guys that have me a huge fan of the lowest divisions. Not only do they produce great fights to watch, they fight tough competition many times having to travel abroad to do so. I'm hoping Chocolatito has a breakout year this year and gets a big fight. He needs one badly IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            I love watching Gonzalez fight but his opposition has been almost pathetic. He's fought one good fighter in like the last 5 years, give me a break. Since fighting Estrada he's nothing nothing accept stay busy. Its hard for me to really get behind him until he starts to fight and beat top level competition. He's almost as bad as Garry Russell Jr when it comes to fighting TBA.

Estrada fought Gonzalez, Viloria back to back and fought Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr in 2011.

Yaegashi has fought Propramook, Ioka, Igrashi, and Sosa since 2011 and fought Eagle Kyowa in his 7th pro fight.

In that same time frame Segura has bounced back from a horrible loss to Viloria and he fought Sosa, undefeated Gonzalez, and Marquez.

Estrada, Yaegashi, Segura, Marquez, these are the kind of guys that have me a huge fan of the lowest divisions. Not only do they produce great fights to watch, they fight tough competition many times having to travel abroad to do so. I'm hoping Chocolatito has a breakout year this year and gets a big fight. He needs one badly IMO.
            It is not his fault fighters always say who is he when his name comes up. Segura and Calderon did and I guarantee he would have beat both of their ass. He is down to fight anybody and has said so repeatedly. I will say his promotion team hasn't done him any favors but everyone you listed he has an excellent chance to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              It is not his fault fighters always say who is he when his name comes up. Segura and Calderon did and I guarantee he would have beat both of their ass. He is down to fight anybody and has said so repeatedly. I will say his promotion team hasn't done him any favors but everyone you listed he has an excellent chance to beat.
              Such bull crap he doesn't want to travel to peoples back yard. He brings nothing to the table and should be begging fighters for a fight so he then he can build his name up plain n simple

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                I understand some fighter don't want to step in the ring with him but he still could be fighting better competition. I do favor Gonzalez to beat most of the top guys at 112 but the fact remains guys like Marquez, Estrada, Segura, Viloria, Yaegashi, and Sosa are fighting top 10 fighters and Roman isn't besides his fight with Estrada, who I might mention hadn't ever fought at 108 before that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post
                  The Rosas VS. Guerrero fight was amazing!
                  Fight of the year candidate for sure.

Comment

If he had the hair, little chocolate would look like Bruno Mars.

Comment

Working...
                    X