No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Scoffs at Notion That Pacquiao Has Gotten Soft

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Scoffs at Notion That Pacquiao Has Gotten Soft

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum promotes both Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao, so far be it from him to rip one of his own fighters. But he's not buying this business from Bradley and some experts who believe Pacquiao, 35, has become too mellow in the ring.

"As we age, we're not the same as we were when we were a little younger, so that's clearly the case for everybody," Arum said. "Manny Pacquiao, I think, showed in the Rios fight that he knew how to go back to his roots. People looked at Pacquiao as being a knockout puncher because they remember the fight with Ricky Hatton, where he laid Hatton out (in the second round in May 2009).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum "hatton was just a glass chinned bum it doesn't count"

Comment

Bob u and I both know puquiao is done let others live in denial

Comment

Three thumping shots in rapid succession would wobble about any man..that's the case here. Pacquaio's gift was always the speed that allowed him to pile on the punches fast. You don't have to have knockout power, it'll come just keep beating on em and it'll come. Does Pacquaio have one punch KO power? Yeah, actually he's got one punch that you know when you see it in sparring. It's a straight left that slips right under the guard and lands right on the chin. It's actually the punch I think he was trying to land when he got popped by Marquez. So he does have pop but his KO's mostly have come from just wailing away on people for rounds on end. Although I do question why he backed off Rios near the end of the fight but we'll find out april 12th.

Comment

i would have to say pac has slipped a lot. like roy jones, pacs speed allowed him fight on with a ton of flaws. as one of the easy to hit fighters in the game today top rank did their best to match him carefully with fighters that played into pacs strenth. but now he has slowed done and cannot pop in and out like he used too. pac has always had trouble with fighters with good lateral movement and counter punching skills. so you didnt see him in the ring with too many fighters like that. i dont know why bob and others point to the rios fight as a barometer that shows pac is back. to me it showed that pac is wack. he could have fought a number of welter wts and came out better. but again they picked a come forward fighter with no defense. too bad for pac it wont help him vs timmy. but rob arum dont care he will make good money off this fight and thats all he cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Three thumping shots in rapid succession would wobble about any man..that's the case here. Pacquaio's gift was always the speed that allowed him to pile on the punches fast. You don't have to have knockout power, it'll come just keep beating on em and it'll come. Does Pacquaio have one punch KO power? Yeah, actually he's got one punch that you know when you see it in sparring. It's a straight left that slips right under the guard and lands right on the chin. It's actually the punch I think he was trying to land when he got popped by Marquez. So he does have pop but his KO's mostly have come from just wailing away on people for rounds on end. Although I do question why he backed off Rios near the end of the fight but we'll find out april 12th.
            you say he has one punch ko power, then why hasnt he hurt anyone in years? he hasnt been the same since he fired ariza and every one knows this. the timmy fight will be the true test for pac because that farce of a fight with rios did nothing for him. but we shall see how for gone pac is or if he has gone any where at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
              you say he has one punch ko power, then why hasnt he hurt anyone in years?
              He hurt Rios, look at his face.
              He also hurt Marquez before he got KO.
              Bradley ran after he got hurt same as Mosley & Cotto.
              Look at Margarito's face.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                i would have to say pac has slipped a lot. like roy jones, pacs speed allowed him fight on with a ton of flaws. as one of the easy to hit fighters in the game today top rank did their best to match him carefully with fighters that played into pacs strenth. but now he has slowed done and cannot pop in and out like he used too. pac has always had trouble with fighters with good lateral movement and counter punching skills. so you didnt see him in the ring with too many fighters like that. i dont know why bob and others point to the rios fight as a barometer that shows pac is back. to me it showed that pac is wack. he could have fought a number of welter wts and came out better. but again they picked a come forward fighter with no defense. too bad for pac it wont help him vs timmy. but rob arum dont care he will make good money off this fight and thats all he cares about.
                Anyone that thinks pac was matched carefully knows nothing. . Its easy to say that in retrospect. He was underdog in Morales rematch, big underdog for de la hoya fight, was close to even odds wit Hatton, fought cotton who was one of tipsters at the time, and gave Marquez multiple rematches even though it was clear that JMM was his toughest challenge. Sure mosely was an easy fight but who has pac not fought?

Comment

At this point of time, PACMAN should retire.He accomplished a lot more than any boxer in the history.The whole world knows he beat Bradley already.The only fights that matters is with Floyd jr BUT....If you ask the DR ,I would say RETIRE PACMAN ,Thank you for all the exciting fight!

Comment

I was re-watching the Rios fight last night and Pac hit him with some vicious punches in that fight but after a certain point, he had broken Rios down and just toyed with him. There were a few times when he got hit and he came right back with a 5 punch combination so he can put a hurting on you should he decide to.

Comment

Working...
                    X