No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dinamita Alvarez: Omar Figueroa is Strong, But So Am I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dinamita Alvarez: Omar Figueroa is Strong, But So Am I

On March 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Ricardo "Dinamita" Alvarez (23-2-3, 14KOs) could make history in his family, by becoming the third brother to win a world title. He will challenge Omar Figueroa (22-0-1, 17KOs) for the WBC lightweight world title on the Saul Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo undercard. Ricardo's brothers, Canelo and Rigoberto Alvarez won titles at junior middleweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hope Fig doesn't hurt him too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Ogiguoh View Post
      Hope Fig doesn't hurt him too bad
      I hope
      he destroys him,maybe than people will stop trying to forward their careers off of their family's name.Abner Cotto already found out the hard way.

Comment

This is gonna be a slobber knocker!!

Comment

not really looking forward to this fight, it shouldn't last too long unless Ricardo can take a punch. I was not impressed with his last outing in which i thought he was lucky to win. I thought he clearly lost on the broner undercard. I guess it makes sense tho being that Canelo is headlining & Figueroa is coming off that hand injury.

Comment

Yikes, poor ricardo is used to sparring Canelo who gases in just a few mins. Fig will batter you for all 12 rounds.

Comment

my only concern is Fig's brittle hands...bad hands never go away, even w/surgery , but this bout's a canelo gift...Ricardo doesn't derserve a title shot @ '30 where he's @ or LW where he's not ranked...typical WBC move...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                my only concern is Fig's brittle hands...bad hands never go away, even w/surgery , but this bout's a canelo gift...Ricardo doesn't derserve a title shot @ '30 where he's @ or LW where he's not ranked...typical WBC move...
                its not even just the WBC bro boxing its all politics bro. if ur with GBP or Top Rank you're pretty much guaranteed a title shot. Figueroa was given the title and then he messed up his hands so i guess i can see why they're fighting Ricardo bcuz that guy isn't anything special.

how many more fights before you guys think Figueroa actually fights someone ranked in the top 20 or hell top 30 ?

Comment

What a joke ...1st figueroa gets the belt without fighting any real fighters now hes fighting a guy whos only getting a shot cuz of his brother ...WBC n GBP are a joke and r ruining boxing !

Comment

I'm for sure excited to see this kid (Figueroa) fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X