No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko Putting in Work For Salido Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko Putting in Work For Salido Shot

SAN ANTONIO -- Two-time Ukrainian Olympic gold medalist and 2013 Prospect of the Year VASYL LOMACHENKO (1-0, 1 KO), is in a hurry to make his mark, and in only his second professional fight, he will be challenging three-time world featherweight champion ORLANDO "Siri" SALIDO for Salido's World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight title. The Salido-Lomachenko world championship fight will be televised live from the Alamodome, Saturday, March 1, on HBO World Championship Boxing, beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT. The telecast will also feature the eagerly-anticipated 12-round rematch between former World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight champion and Son of the Legend JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ JR. and Top-Five contender and two-fisted Texan BRYAN VERA.

[Click Here To Read More]

Certified lomo here!

Comment

WAR VASYA!

Comment

Fellow Lomo checking in. Looking good Vasyl!

Comment

I dont know what to make of this on one end i think its disrespectful for Salido as its only the kid's 2nd pro fite on other i think if you paid your dues in amateurs you should be moved faster. Oh well he can bring his two gold medals and all time great amateur record and Salido will bring his three world titles and we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Fellow Lomo checking in. Looking good Vasyl!
            Everything I've seen of Lomachenko leads me to believe he is just too skilled for Salido. My only concern is stamina. I think Lomachenko should go to SAlido's body early. And don't forget, it took Salido 7 rounds to put away Cruz. I think we can all agree Lomachenko is a harder puncher and more skilled fighter than Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              I dont know what to make of this on one end i think its disrespectful for Salido as its only the kid's 2nd pro fite on other i think if you paid your dues in amateurs you should be moved faster. Oh well he can bring his two gold medals and all time great amateur record and Salido will bring his three world titles and we shall see.
              Put it this way, when you take into account Loma's accomplishments in terms of the amateurs, his level of domination, his natural gifts, his crowd-pleasing style, and his unrecorded World Series of Boxing wins, and to add he beat a fringe contender, not just some bum, and one that was never stopped before in his first pro fight...there is clearly a case for him to get this fight.

Fans often complain that the best don't fight the best in our sport - if you have the talent and potential why wait or be held back? Would any of you guys prefer Salido to be fighting an inferior fighter who had no chance of winning yet 'worked his way up' just for the principle of it being more fair? If anything this kills 2 birds with one stone, either we get an immediate potential p4p star, or a hype job. I sure think it's better than having these big prospects fight some cans for 20 fights and waste their youth trying to build up impressive records and take the easy way into success.

Comment

From what I've seen of Lomachenko I believe he will win this fight. He has the skill set (movement, accurate counter punching, body attack etc) to beat Salido. It is going to be a very tough fight though. The most concerning aspect will be Lomachenko's stamina. The second half of the fight will be very interesting. Salido will keep the heat on for all 12 rounds (if it goes that long). I can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

so salido disrespected himself when he accepted the fight?

Comment

He is a good fighter, but has some amateur habits that he needs to get away from. He throws a lot of punches when moving in the opposite direction, like he will throw a right hook when swiveling to his right. He still has a habit of just trying to land punches.

If he does too much of that against Salido he will have a long night.

Comment

Working...
                    X