No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Dulorme Starts Working With Robert Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Dulorme Starts Working With Robert Garcia

Puerto Rico's Thomas Dulorme (20-1, 14 KOs), who is campaigning at 140 pounds, has just started his training in Oxnard, California, under the command of coach Robert Garcia. Dulorme says promoter Gary Shaw is going to book him a fight in the month of April.

"I needed to see a change in my workouts, learn new things, but I want to make it clear that José Bonilla will always be on my team because I am very grateful for what he has done in my career as a mentor and a coach," said Dulorme.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should've gone with someone who could teach him some defense.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

ungrateful!

Comment

Robert is one of the best trainers in the game,all delurme can do is benefit from this experiance..GOOD CHOICE OF TRAINER!!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

I'm sensing an ignorant sarcastic cheap shot.

I'm guessing based on him being Brandon's trainer.

But I don't see you complaining about Chino or Mikey. Mikey is an all around fighter. Quite good defensively I would say.

You work with what you have. I'm sure he knows a thing or two about defense.

Comment

Originally posted by MODAPHUKA View Post
            I'm sensing an ignorant sarcastic cheap shot.

I'm guessing based on him being Brandon's trainer.

But I don't see you complaining about Chino or Mikey. Mikey is an all around fighter. Quite good defensively I would say.

You work with what you have. I'm sure he knows a thing or two about defense.
            From what I hear, Mikey learned to box from their dad. Maidana's last win was very nice, but I wonder how much of it can be attributed to Garcia. I've come to see Robert as quite overrated. I hope it works out for Dulorme.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              From what I hear, Mikey learned to box from their dad. Maidana's last win was very nice, but I wonder how much of it can be attributed to Garcia.I've come to see Robert as quite overrated. I hope it works out for Dulorme.
              I said that because I've seen Cubans side a lot with fighters from Argentina. And they always defend the defensive style , kind of rip the brawler style. And Marcos is anything but a defensive fighter.

Garcia did his part as a trainer , in just getting Marcos in shape. No one was expecting him to come in and fight any differently.

Comment

I said that because I've seen Cubans side a lot with fighters from Argentina. And they always defend the defensive style , kind of rip the brawler style. And Marcos is anything but a defensive fighter.
                Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but...okay.

Garcia did his part as a trainer , in just getting Marcos in shape. No one was expecting him to come in and fight any differently.
                Well, if you think all Garcia did was get Maidana in shape, what makes him such a good trainer? There are plenty of coaches that can do that. Having a few good fighters that win winnable fights and lose winnable fights, doesn't seem impressive to me. In recent memory, Rios got schooled by Abril, who isn't really all that. Rigo practically shut out Donaire, who was regarded as a top P4P fighter. Marcos wasn't expected to beat Broner, but it wasn't a shock either. Like I said, I hope it works out for Dulorme.

Comment

Originally posted by MODAPHUKA
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

From what I hear, Mikey learned to box from their dad. Maidana's last win was very nice, but I wonder how much of it can be attributed to Garcia.I've come to see Robert as quite overrated. I hope it works out for Dulorme.

FYI I don't even like Maidana. I've always called him a club fighter.

Actually, I like him for whooping Broner's ass but I still don't think highly of him.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Defense...

Comment

Working...
                    X