No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez-Angulo 3/8 Event To Air Live In Movie Theatres

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarez-Angulo 3/8 Event To Air Live In Movie Theatres

The first major pay-per-view event of 2014 will play to a wider audience than anticipated.

The March 8 showdown between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Alfredo Angulo, which headlines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, will be broadcast live in movie theatres throughout the United States, it was announced Thursday morning.

The coverage comes in addition to the event being distributed live by Showtime Pay-Per-View.

"March 8 will be a huge night for boxing, and as we team up with Fathom Events once again, fight fans in movie theaters around the United States will be able to experience the entire Canelo vs. Angulo event like they never have before," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. [Click Here To Read More]

Unlike Floyd fight my money will be well spent on see a actual fight

Comment

The first major pay-per-view event of 2014 will play to a wider audience than anticipated.

The March 8 showdown between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Alfredo Angulo, which headlines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, will be broadcast live in movie theatres throughout the United States, it was announced Thursday morning.

The coverage comes in addition to the event being distributed live by Showtime Pay-Per-View.

Not a good start of PPV fight.Well i'll watch it anyways!

Comment

Probably the route I'll go.

Comment

this fight shouldn't be a f#cking ppv.

Comment

i like goin to the theaters for fights

Comment

The Racket Squad: Making Hay While The Sun Sets

Showtime favors the words 'Greed Is Good.'
              They are now married to it in the same manner they are Married to Mayweather.
              The entire sport has suffered as a result.
              Pig Mayweather desired to bring down HBO and took competitive prizefighting with him.
              Arum found a way to work with Don freakin' King for Christ sake!
              Who's zooming who?

This fight has no business being sold as a PPV.
              The idea of paying to see it in a theater is tragic.

I remember when Tommy Hearns battled Pepino Cuevas in 1980. It was only shown closed circuit at $20.00 a pop.
              That was to see the iconic Hearns against a genuine Mexican warrior.
              CBS now wants to charge the nation to watch 2 cats who came up short in their last endeavors.
              Canelo was blown out and Alfredo drew a hard luck card.

The Fans lose and Greed wins again.

Can't wait to see what they ask for Broner/ Maidana 2.
              Last edited by StrangerInTown; 02-06-2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                I remember when Tommy Hearns battled Pepino Cuevas in 1980. It was only shown closed circuit at $20.00 a pop.
                Bad example.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  this fight shouldn't be a f#cking ppv.
                  it doesnt matter

the bottom **** is that Canelo been already exposed

just check out youtube... 2 drunken brawlers fighting each other on the street making millions of viewers

people (including casual boxing fans) always liked to watch the clownery like this

cuz it's kinda comic and entertaining

Comment

Good to hear , I'm going to be doing this the first time.gotta go to one in the burbs doe..

Comment

Working...
                    X