No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Canelo on PPV, Ortiz's Return, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Canelo on PPV, Ortiz's Return, More

By Robert Morales - For those wondering about the decision to put the March 8 junior middleweight fight between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Alfredo "Perro" Angulo at MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Showtime pay-per-view rather than on the network's regular broadcast, that rests on the shoulders of Alvarez.

As far back as Sept. 15, 2012, when Alvarez fought Josesito Lopez at MGM Grand, Alvarez wanted to headline a pay-per-view card as the top dog. But his promoter, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions, talked Alvarez into nixing that idea when rival promoter Bob Arum staged the middleweight title fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sergio Martinez down the street at Thomas & Mack Center on the same night on HBO pay-per-view. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm looking forward to the return of Victor Ortiz, he's still young and still has a lot of potential left in my opinion. I hope he recovered 100% and hope to see him come back stronger then ever next Thursday.

Comment

can't deny ortiz is an exciting fighter to watch. he's that guy you just wanna see because you want to know what he'll do or what will happen to him next. talented yet vulnerable fighters, they get a lot of **** from people but they're the most fun to watch.

ortiz vs. canelo! make it happen 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
        I'm looking forward to the return of Victor Ortiz.
        So am I....but its hopefully to see him get his as.s beat. After his interview claiming that he made Mariana, I tuned out from his delirious talk.....War Collazo

Comment

I don't care how big Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is in Mexico. To stage a PPV fight when both currently non-champion fighters are coming off losses is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            I don't care how big Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is in Mexico. To stage a PPV fight when both currently non-champion fighters are coming off losses is ridiculous.
            sorta reminds me of a fight in Nov 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              He gets insane numbers down there. His fights have higher rating than the Mexican national soccer team.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about this fight being pay-per-view. The main event has potential to be exciting but I guess I'm just not crazy about the match. Perro is a pretty limited fighter and I think Canelo will pick him apart pretty handily.

I will probably save my money for the Pacquiao and Mayweather cards unless I can find this showing at a Bay Area bar somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  sorta reminds me of a fight in Nov 2013.
                  I get you there, but Pacquiao is a much more accomplished fighter than Alvarez. Rios, while one-dimensional, is a beast who's never been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    He gets insane numbers down there. His fights have higher rating than the Mexican national soccer team.
                    Well I guess that's where the big PPV buys will be generated. I'd be curious to see the final numbers for here.

Comment

Working...
                    X