No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mikey Garcia, Juan Carlos Burgos Media Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mikey Garcia, Juan Carlos Burgos Media Day

New York, NY --- "GARCIA READY TO GO" --- Undefeated WBO Jr. Lightweight champion and 2013 Fighter of the Year nominee Mikey Garcia shadow boxes during media day in New York City for his first defense of his new world title against two-time world title challenger and current No. 1 contender Juan Carlos Burgos of Tijuana,Mexico. Garcia vs Burgos will take place on Saturday, January 25 and will be televised live from The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York, on HBO Boxing After DarkŪ. The Garcia - Burgos world championship event will be promoted by Top RankŪ, in association with Banner Promotions, Thompson Boxing Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions, Warriors Boxing Promotions, Madison Square Garden and Tecate. Remaining tickets, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008), and online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.thegarden.com. Photos by Chris Farina/Top Rank. [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a good fight. Burgos will have to get Mikey's attention/respect early though. He'll have to make Mikey tentative and keep him thinking.

Comment

This is gonna be a very good fight. I like both fighters but Mikey Garcia is gonna win.

Comment

burgos can win,he moves well,hope he does,i don't think that much of Garcia yet

Comment

Mikey Garcia will win, WAR MIKEY.

Comment

Good fight,, glad to see garcia staying active and fighting top guys in his division

Mikey should win this rather easily IMO but burgos will make him work for it...

Comment

Cant wait, mikey always puts in a good scrap. A little too tentative at times but very precise. He has some heavy hands. When he lets them go that is. Burgos should give him a few problems. But all in all should be easy work for mikey. Stay focus mikey.. Tko round 6

Comment

Mikey should win and I hope he does, I think 2014 needs the Garcia/Uchiayama fight, if that doesn't happen then the division is pretty useless, the two top guys not even mentioning each other.

Burgos has a good chin from what I remember and he hits hard enough, I like his chances of makin it hell for Mikey.

Comment

This is going to be a good fight, I like both guys so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X