No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mikey Garcia Lands in New York For Burgos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mikey Garcia Lands in New York For Burgos

New York, NY --- "GARCIA HITS NY" --- Undefeated WBO Jr. Lightweight champion and 2013 Fighter of the Year nominee Mikey Garcia arrives in New York City for his first defense of his new world title against two-time world title challenger and current No. 1 contender Juan Carlos Burgos of Tijuana, Mexico. Garcia vs Burgos will take place on Saturday, January 25 and will be televised live from The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York, on HBO Boxing After DarkŪ. The Garcia - Burgos world championship event will be promoted by Top RankŪ, in association with Banner Promotions, Thompson Boxing Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions, Warriors Boxing Promotions, Madison Square Garden and Tecate. Remaining tickets, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets. Photos by Chris Farina/Top Rank.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if HBO will try to play him up as a future opponent for Pacquiao as Arum has already done. Fight might happen this year.

Comment

FUTURE P4P MASTER MIKEY

Comment

That broken nose he suffered in the Siri fight was the best thing to ever happen to that dude - he went from p4p the top 5 ugliest dudes around to fall into at least top 50. Big props to whichever Doc performed that miracle

Comment

This is an underrated fight, Burgos hasn't had much luck with the judges but I had him beating both Amidu and Martinez.

Comment

Mikey Is Ready For The Prime Time!

Let's have Mikey get up to 140, along with Gamboa, and have them both clean out stiffs like Rios, Alvarado, Judah...

Comment

Easy fight for Garcia. He should have no problems disposing of Burgos within 6-7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                This is an underrated fight, Burgos hasn't had much luck with the judges but I had him beating both Amidu and Martinez.
                Sadly people are sleeping on Burgos, Mikey is my boy, but he will have more trouble with Burgos than he would with Gamboa, Burgos is a taller Mikey with a little less power, but cats are sleeping on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  That broken nose he suffered in the Siri fight was the best thing to ever happen to that dude - he went from p4p the top 5 ugliest dudes around to fall into at least top 50. Big props to whichever Doc performed that miracle
                  Is that what happened?

I was wondering what happened as to him not looking like... well himself.

I thought it was him gaining weight and his face filling out, but I should of known only a face remodeling job could tone down that level of ugly.

Comment

Working...
                  X