No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Sulaiman Not Interested in Taking Over WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mauricio Sulaiman Not Interested in Taking Over WBC

Things are still up in air over which individual will take over as president of the World Boxing Council. On Wednesday, the WBC President of nearly four decades, Jose Sulaiman, passed away at the age of 82.

Jose's son, Mauricio Sulaiman, was always viewed as the future heir to the throne. Mauricio has been the longtime Executive Secretary of the sanctioning body, but appears to have no interest in taking over in the top spot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess the WBC was like a dictatorship.

Comment

Comment

where is SUGAR ADAM ALI ,he was talking crazy on the last thread saying that his son was gonna take over..

Comment

Was it just me or did his son just admit his dad ran the WBC badly the last couple of years.

" everything that people saw that I did was on the orders of my father....."

" the WBC will be different and hopefully better....."

It could be a mistranslation or I'm just reading too much into this, but this sounds to me like he's saying pretty much that his father didn't run the WBC well, and he was forced to go along with him out of respect to him.
          Hopefully this means they'll get people with integrity to run that organization and bring it back to prominence.
          Last edited by JJRod; 01-18-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Well damn let me run that ****.

Comment

IMO , he's the only qualified 1 do it...being @ his Father's side the past 10 years, or more so, he;' the only one w/control and knowledge of the day 2 day operations++++ he's the 1 been making the decisions since last Oct...take the throne Mauricio!!!

Comment

Mauricio can't handle the pressure of being corrupt.

Comment

Interesting...he may only be saying this to legitimise his position, i.e he wasn't only going to get the job because of his father.

Unfortunately I can't see any good coming for the time being. A new leader has to make his territory, and within a sanctioning body could spell disaster for the sport (a new championship maybe?)

In its current form, the WBC only has interests for itself

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    Was it just me or did his son just admit his dad ran the WBC badly the last couple of years.
                    " everything that people saw that I did was on the orders of my father....."

" the WBC will be different and hopefully better....."

It could be a mistranslation or I'm just reading too much into this, but this sounds to me like he's saying pretty much that his father didn't run the WBC well, and he was forced to go along with him out of respect to him.
                    Hopefully this means they'll get people with integrity to run that organization and bring it back to prominence.
                    Duran s just a LW , really, & h fought & beat almost all..1 round from beating Hagler, laziness & not anting 2make weight beats many legends...Leonard didn't fight the class of guys Roberto did if you remove hager/hearns...

Comment

Working...
                    X