Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Fonfara Looms For April 12 in Montreal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Fonfara Looms For April 12 in Montreal?

According to reports in Poland and Canada, negotiations are heating up for an HBO televised fight between WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (23-1, 20 KOs) and top Polish contender Andrzej Fonfara (25-2, 15 KOs). A tentative date of April 12 in Montreal is being kicked around for the fight. Fonfara is reportedly being pursued by both Stevenson and WBO champion Sergei Kovalev (23-0-1, 21 KOs), but the Polish boxer appears to be leaning in the direction of Stevenson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fonfara??????wtf is that?,and wut happened to big poppa pump?

Comment

Its not a bad fite as Fonfara is ranked #1 in WBO and IBF and #4 by WBC so its not as bad plus he had a tough schedule anyways nothing wrong with a easy money fite. Kovalev will get his!!

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Its not a bad fite as Fonfara is ranked #1 in WBO and IBF and #4 by WBC so its not as bad plus he had a tough schedule anyways nothing wrong with a easy money fite. Kovalev will get his!!
        Fonfara is a decent contender probably the best available not named Bute or Pascal, but what's Kovalev supposed to do in the meantime? I don't think the Pascal - Bute winner will want a piece, I seriously doubt sad Chad will be up for it - Eleidar Alvarez perhaps? - Braehmer if he can get him in the ring?
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-30-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno View Post
          According to reports in Poland and Canada, negotiations are heating up for an HBO televised fight between WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (23-1, 20 KOs) and top Polish contender Andrzej Fonfara (25-2, 15 KOs). A tentative date of April 12 in Montreal is being kicked around for the fight. Fonfara is reportedly being pursued by both Stevenson and WBO champion Sergei Kovalev (23-0-1, 21 KOs), but the Polish boxer appears to be leaning in the direction of Stevenson.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          I can't believe it!
          Fonfara avoids the "untested" and "unproved" "hype-job" Kovalev, but he is going to fight Adonis -- who destroyed "big champs" dawson and Cloud!
          I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            I can't believe it!
            Fonfara avoids the "untested" and "unproved" "hype-job" Kovalev, but he is going to fight Adonis -- who destroyed "big champs" dawson and Cloud!
            I wonder why...
            As you've mentioned previously being an unbeaten KO artist is apparently bad for your career. Odd...

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              most people don't know **** about... (c)

Kovalev is still a can crusher

It's funny how people react on the guys that smashing ultimate bums and this **** off HBO calling Gatti's list

No matter what i'll always respect Gatti being a great warrior... but jesus christ.. go watch Gatti-Floyd's bout before u people talking about "KO POWER"

maybe first let's see Kovalev fighting some decent opposition?

no way Fonfara is going to be next Stevenson's opponent

my bet is 95% winner off Bute/Pascal 5% someone else (maybe yet Fonfara
              )
              Damn that 5 percent

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Fonfara is a decent contender probably the best available not named Bute or Pascal, but what's Kovalev supposed to do in the meantime? I don't think the Pascal - Bute winner will want a piece, I seriously doubt sad Chad will be up for it - Eleidar Alvarez perhaps? - Braehmer if he can get him in the ring?
                What's Kovalev supposed to do? He "must" stay "untested" and "unproven" as long as it takes...

I also think that Pascal, Bute want "no piece" -- Pascal would try to fight B-Hop and Bute would rather go back south, at the 168... As for "sad Chad": did he manage to get a trainer and a promoter?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  fuk this ****y corupt rankings and their disgusting mismatches

it's like a can like Leapai gon get titleshot on can crusher Klitschko for being a "legit" contender beating another bum Boytsov :blow:

while there'r a really legit opposition Fury, Pulev, Bermane, Wilder, been Haye but pusy Klitschko Vitali ducking him for yearz

people wanna see some decent **** not bull**** like Klitschko vs bum Charr Klitschko vs light heavyweight Adamek Klitschko vs light heavyweight Mormek Klitschko vs can Pianeta Klitschko vs can Wach etc.

same **** Stevenson, Kovalev and others

they are champions so have to brawl with tha best = each other

i wanna see Stevenson fighting Kovalev or the winner Pascal/Bute matchup... not Fonfara

He's just defended the belt vs №1 mandatory contender Bellew so can easily fight either Kovalev or Bute/Pascal without any problems

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Yeh he is decent for sure after all hes #1 in WBO and IBF whom you can say are better than their counterparts by some margins atleast and has beaten Campillio.

Alvarez only has 13 fites and against solid opposition his next fite is against Oosthhuizen in Jan so i dont think he'll make it, but his resume already looks better than Cleverly's but then again thats anybody. German fiters seldom travel abroad so scratch Jurgen out.

Stevenson aint a duck he is the Lineal champion and will beat kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                    X