No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Barrios Falls on Hard Times, Now Selling Shoes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Barrios Falls on Hard Times, Now Selling Shoes

Former WBO super featherweight champion Jorge "La Hyena" Barrios (50-4-1, 35KOs) of Argentina is financially struggling. Barrios, 37 years old, first went pro in 1996 and he was involved in several big fights in the United States.

According to oversease reports, Barrios is now selling shoes to make ends meet.

The career of Barrios came to a halt in 2010 when he faced a big criminal trial which stemmed from a car accident on January 24th of that year in Mar del Plata. The accident killed a young pregnant woman. [Click Here To Read More]

Whoa.... He kille a young pregnant lady? Can't feel bad for him

Comment

Still remember that dude from the Freitas fight. Seemed like a crazy dude.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Yea she died from the car "accident" I'm sure he didn't physically kill her.

Comment

Al Bundy ,Polk high

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            and he runaway from the scene of the accident.

Comment

He lost what little money he'd earned fighting for his freedom...i'm not above tossing five buckets into a pool to help out a former boxer..had this been one of the I earned $60 million and went broke type dudes I wouldn't care but I doubt this dude saw a million bucks in his career if that. As long as you didn't go broke paying an entourage, whoring, on coke, dope, or drinking I don't have an issue helping out. We spend $60 or $70 on ungrateful mofo's headlining ppv's like it's nothing. I really wish boxing had like a retirement pension.

Edit: Boxingscene should at least put up a link to the circumstances of his case so folks don't just jump to conclusions.
              Last edited by turnedup; 12-26-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                and he runaway from the scene of the accident.
                Let's not judge bro, seriously let's not. My pops was killed by a drunk driver..sometimes you gotta be a human too and know people mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Let's not judge bro, seriously let's not. My pops was killed by a drunk driver..sometimes you gotta be a human too and know people mess up.
                  Fxxk that **** bro............ you got some heart

Comment

This is bad news. I will keep Barrios in my prayers and hope he can find redemption and opportunity

Comment

Working...
                    X