Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather vs. Khan: Styles Make Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather vs. Khan: Styles Make Fights!

At the moment, the next opponent for Floyd Mayweather is undecided.

Slated for a May 3 return to the ring inside of the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Mayweather has stayed relatively mum on who he would prefer to meet, although his hints have revealed that he isn’t completely opposed to facing off with British star Amir Khan.

During a recent conversation with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, he addressed the Mayweather-Khan rumors with myself and RingTV.com’s Lem Satterfield.

“You know, when Floyd fights it’s an event,” Schaefer stated. “And Floyd could frankly fight Joe Schmoe and it could still be an event because of his personality, his reach, his everything. A Floyd event is must-see TV; it’s a must-see event.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

i think lara would give may the hardest fight and possibly beat him and its funny no one ever mentions him, but as far as between khan and maidana, i would pick khan just because of the speed, maidana would get outboxed to easily imo

and as usual schafers tongue deep in mayweather rectum
    Last edited by ihatebobarum; 12-23-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Schaefer is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatebobarum View Post
        i think lara would give may the hardest fight and possibly beat him and its funny no one ever mentions him, but as far as between khan and maidana, i would pick khan just because of the speed, maidana would get outboxed to easily imo

Lara would give Floyd a good fight, but I think most people understand that Floyd's not a real MW and Lara doesn't bring much to the table as far as having a fan base. But no one really wants to fight Lara due to his style so I see him having trouble getting big fights going forward...

If you want to talk about guys out there without a name that I think could possibly beat Floyd I'd also throw Brad Solomon in there with Lara

Comment

Lawyer Schaefer rests his case: "speed kills"... Now he'll try and convince us this fight is worth putting together. Do they think we are all mugs?

Comment

This would have been a good fight when Roach was training him because he was much more aggressive. That aggression might have got him in trouble with other fighters but Floyd doesn't have the power to hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Lara would give Floyd a good fight, but I think most people understand that Floyd's not a real MW and Lara doesn't bring much to the table as far as having a fan base. But no one really wants to fight Lara due to his style so I see him having trouble getting big fights going forward...

If you want to talk about guys out there without a name that I think could possibly beat Floyd I'd also throw Brad Solomon in there with Lara
              according to schafer may vs joe schmo would be an event so why not lara. Trust me mayweather dont want no piece of lara

Comment

I think GBP should only make Maidana v Mayweather in September if Maidana can beat Malignaggi. If MM can't beat Paulie, he really has 0 chance v Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatebobarum View Post

No one mentions Lara because this is Floyd Mayweather were talking about. Lara is just peaking, everybody knows Floyd doesn't fight anyone at there best, or a legitimate threat for that matter.

Comment

This fight is going to happen. I will buy the PPV if the undercard is loaded. I'm thinking Broner vs. Mathysse, and Garcia vs. Maidana (or Thurman). Those fights might prove to be too expensive, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X