No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daud Yordan Ready To Step Up With John Stepping Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daud Yordan Ready To Step Up With John Stepping Away

With former World Boxing Association featherweight super champion Chris John hanging up his gloves, it’s time for the International Boxing Organization lightweight champion Daud “Cino” Yordan to cement his status as Indonesia’s top boxer.

Daud defended his IBO lightweight title for the first time when he defeated Sipho Taliwe of South Africa in Perth on Dec. 6, and promoter Raja Sapta Oktohari has big plans for him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

IMO, a guy like John, very over-rated, hides in Indonesia/Australia xcept for 3x's, I believe in US, 2 nothing bouts & 1 vs Caballero where he took a severe beating...he's nothing special w/that inflated record...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      IMO, a guy like John, very over-rated, hides in Indonesia/Australia xcept for 3x's, I believe in US, 2 nothing bouts & 1 vs Caballero where he took a severe beating...he's nothing special w/that inflated record...
      He isn't special but I kind of take issue with the hiding thing. Indonesia is far away like really far. Like 7 hours to even get to Tokyo and 19 to get to the U.S.
      Plus an easy 12 to 14 hour time difference which isn't exactly easy to adjust to.

Seems like the main reason most guys from Asia try to fight in Asia because they simply aren't getting the Pacquiao- Shiming type of money. Even a lot of the champs in Japan don't travel to the U.S because it's expensive and it takes a long time and expense to prepare properly.

Yordan should do fairly well in Asia but I just don't see the opportunities for him to travel much.
      Chris John's management team was saying about him that he just wasn't getting the offers to fight in the U.S for any kind of money like he was getting in Indonesia.

Yeah, these guys often stay in their comfort zone but I can't really blame them.

I suppose if they were truly good enough, they would move to Vegas or something to further their careers but it's not an easy thing to do for a lot of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        He isn't special but I kind of take issue with the hiding thing. Indonesia is far away like really far. Like 7 hours to even get to Tokyo and 19 to get to the U.S.
        Plus an easy 12 to 14 hour time difference which isn't exactly easy to adjust to.

Seems like the main reason most guys from Asia try to fight in Asia because they simply aren't getting the Pacquiao- Shiming type of money. Even a lot of the champs in Japan don't travel to the U.S because it's expensive and it takes a long time and expense to prepare properly.

Yordan should do fairly well in Asia but I just don't see the opportunities for him to travel much.
        Chris John's management team was saying about him that he just wasn't getting the offers to fight in the U.S for any kind of money like he was getting in Indonesia.

Yeah, these guys often stay in their comfort zone but I can't really blame them.

I suppose if they were truly good enough, they would move to Vegas or something to further their careers but it's not an easy thing to do for a lot of these guys.
        He isn't getting the offers in the US, as most remember his pathetic effort vs Caballero, & poor quality of opposition...I liked your intelligent reply. Good luck...

Comment

Working...
        X