No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Arreola's Promoter Focused on Vacant WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Arreola's Promoter Focused on Vacant WBC Title

Dan Goossen promotes heavyweight contender Chris Arreola, who is ranked No. 2 to the WBC title just vacated by Vitali Klitschko, who was made champion emeritus by the WBC so he can focus on running for president in his native Ukraine.

Goossen was asked what was going on as far as Arreola perhaps fighting No. 1-ranked Bermane Stiverne for the vacant title. We also brought up what the aforementioned Schaefer told BoxingScene.com recently about this.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish Andre wasn't so pretentious and was as humble as the guy that he portrays on television.Goosen has literally moved mountains for him,he made upwards of two million in his last outing in a fight that wasn't entertaining and nobody was interested in.He should take a page out of Sergio Martinez's book and be appreciative and loyal to the guy that took a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      I wish Andre wasn't so pretentious and was as humble as the guy that he portrays on television.Goosen has literally moved mountains for him,he made upwards of two million in his last outing in a fight that wasn't entertaining and nobody was interested in.He should take a page out of Sergio Martinez's book and be appreciative and loyal to the guy that took a chance on him.
      100%

Comment

Schaefer's idea makes more sense.

Comment

Cry me a ****in' river. Ward doesn't owe Goosen anything.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Cry me a ****in' river. Ward doesn't owe Goosen anything.
            Correction Ward owes Goosen everything, without Goosen Ward would be nobody.He wasn't a can't miss star coming out of the Olympics and after he made his pro debut on Hbo they basically
            passed on him, Goosen made Ward built him up slowly and now he wants to jump ship.

Comment

Correction Ward owes Goosen everything, without Goosen Ward would be nobody.He wasn't a can't miss star coming out of the Olympics and after he made his pro debut on Hbo they basically
              passed on him, Goosen made Ward built him up slowly and now he wants to jump ship.
              Olympic gold medalist. Has plowed through the super middleweight division. And at the moment based on his age, appears to have a reign as boxing's P4P King in his future. Me thinks he would have done just fine without Goosen, or whoever else.

Comment

Ward is a self-made man who's fought hard and earned his position. He's the next p4p star when Mayweather retires, and all the promoters want him in their roster. The promoter who offers him the best deal will win.

Comment

It's ridiculous that a boxer be tied to these slave contracts for nearly two decades! Imagine if your boss tried to do this on you, saying if you don't then your out of your job that you like/ maybe need. I think most young kids would sign it.

Ward has made a lot of money for his boss, given him plenty of notice and an extra fight. Let him move on if he's not happy it's the right thing to do.

Comment

Who's interested in Ward ?

Hopefully Stiverne is made champion and Arreola and Wilder is ordered as his madatory.Chris will punch Wilder's head clean off of his shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                    X