No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Perez-Carlos Takam on Pascal-Bute Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Perez-Carlos Takam on Pascal-Bute Undercard

Montreal – InterBox and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) and proud to announce the undercard bouts for the historic January 18th 2014 Bell Centre clash between former World champions Lucian Bute (31-1-0, 24 KO) and Jean Pascal (28-2-1, 17 KO), both living in Laval, Quebec. Six fights have been added to the card that will feature three titles up for grabs. Over 17,000 tickets have already been sold to this mega-card. Due to very strong demand and an HBO reconfiguration, new tables have been added and are now available for purchase.

[Click Here To Read More]

God damn that is a good fight. Hope Perez isn't gunshy.

Comment

Why the hell isn't in televised? This isn't helping the heavyweight division at all.

I betcha a 130lb Puerto Rican would have got TV time.

Comment

I would love to see this fight on tv. Its a better fight than that of Alvarez vs Oosthuizen.... If this fight is not going to be televise I think there is no need for a good fight like this to be on the under card... Where K2@?

Comment

That is just luaghable.

How the heck will they not show this fight.

Showing 130 lbs, & 135 lbs all the time.

HBO needs to step their game up. FInally a good heavyweight fight is made and it is not on HBO

Comment

Perez just put on a show but they won't televise him?

Surprised to see him back so soon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

He's Cuban you know...

Comment

Great fight. Perez is getting ambitious in his fights, and he has an opportunity to change my mind about him. Right now, he's highly overrated. He was in an exciting bout, yeah, but barely beating someone hovering around the top 30 doesn't move you far up my list, no matter how entertaining it is. I've seen entertaining back yard fights, it doesn't mean they can compete at the highest levels in boxing. If Perez wins clearly I'll put him in the top 15. If loses, back to mid 30's, if he barely beats another borderline top 30 guy in another entertaining fight, I'll keep him in the mid 20's and be amused as all the bloggers talk about how he's the next great HW and a clear top 5 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  God damn that is a good fight. Hope Perez isn't gunshy.
                  Thought the same thing, Dan.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
                    Great fight. Perez is getting ambitious in his fights, and he has an opportunity to change my mind about him. Right now, he's highly overrated. He was in an exciting bout, yeah, but barely beating someone hovering around the top 30 doesn't move you far up my list, no matter how entertaining it is. I've seen entertaining back yard fights, it doesn't mean they can compete at the highest levels in boxing. If Perez wins clearly I'll put him in the top 15. If loses, back to mid 30's, if he barely beats another borderline top 30 guy in another entertaining fight, I'll keep him in the mid 20's and be amused as all the bloggers talk about how he's the next great HW and a clear top 5 guy.
                    Perez didn't "barely beat" anyone. He (regrettably) seriously injured and almost killed one of the bravest, toughest heavyweights I've ever seen. Mike clearly won the fight, and didn't score the KO because he was in against a warrior possessed of epic courage and uncommon will. I'll add that Perez himself is no slouch in those departments himself, having stood up to some massive bombs to emerge victorious in a memorable war.

Comment

Working...
                    X