No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Unrest in Japan, Daiki Kameda is Still The IBF Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Unrest in Japan, Daiki Kameda is Still The IBF Champ

Several reports from Japan indicate unrest within the Japanese boxing press, due to a misunderstanding, in regards to IBF world super flyweight champion, Daiki Kameda, and his rights to retain his IBF crown and status as world champion - despite losing a very close split decision against former WBA champion, Liborio Solis, last week in Osaka, Japan.

[Click Here To Read More]

An even more interesting question... does it count as a title defense?

Comment

Hmm. This is weird. As far as I know, the JP press media were informed that Daiki would lose his title should he lose. Everybody, and do I mean EVERYBODY, knew that the IBF has the rule according to which Daiki, in this case, has the right to retain his world title.

What is really strange is that it was the Kameda Promotions that initially announced that Daiki would lose his title should he lose. And they told the media that the IBF rules wouldn't be applied this time because that's the conclusion both sides came to at the pre-fight rules meeting, where all those it concerned, including Tucker, were present.

I believe someone told lies. And that someone is believed to be very close to the notorious Boxing Bad Boys Family.

I would like some neutral, reliable journalists to keep us JP fight fans informed on this.

Comment

Working...
      X