No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Tim Bradley Blueprint Beat Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: Tim Bradley Blueprint Beat Devon Alexander

IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter (23-0-1, 14KOs) admits his team studied Timothy Bradley's 2011 technical decision victory over Devon Alexander (25-2, 14KOs) - and then used that blueprint to beat Alexander last Saturday night for the IBF crown at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Porter actually spoke to Bradley, the WBO welterweight champion, prior to facing Alexander - and Bradley told him that Alexander is not a big puncher.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Porter shocked me honestly. He was looking good early in his career and then kind of tapered off a bit but in his last two fights especially, he has looked very good, very well balanced. Props to him on the victory, he put on a performance.

Comment

The whole time I was thinking, "maybe the head butts really did **** with Alexander."

He showed no signs of quit in this fight, and I think he was getting whooped up way more than the Bradley fight.

Comment

Makes me wonder what he weighed on fight night. No matter, as long as he rid the WW's of Devon Alexander as a titleholder, he's fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Makes me wonder what he weighed on fight night. No matter, as long as he rid the WW's of Devon Alexander as a titleholder, he's fine by me.
          He looked a little slow and out of it, something was off. Just like the Trout fight, he was off balance and sluggish....he did not look near top form for some reason. I know Lara did his thing but Trout was just not firing on all cylinders either. A side tangent I know, but Alexander seemed a little bit of the same......Trout though, smh.....he might be hitting the bottle pretty hard or something, we was way off his game.

Comment

Glad he decided to smother him in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              He looked a little slow and out of it, something was off. Just like the Trout fight, he was off balance and sluggish....he did not look near top form for some reason. I know Lara did his thing but Trout was just not firing on all cylinders either. A side tangent I know, but Alexander seemed a little bit of the same......Trout though, smh.....he might be hitting the bottle pretty hard or something, we was way off his game.
              I agree, Lara did work, but Trout seemed off. It's hard to explain, but he didn't look the guy who fought Cotto and Canelo. It's crazy to me how much 5 pounds will throw off these guys during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I agree, Lara did work, but Trout seemed off. It's hard to explain, but he didn't look the guy who fought Cotto and Canelo. It's crazy to me how much 5 pounds will throw off these guys during the fight.
                You sometimes have to be careful with criticism because fighters can have a 'bad' night, where things are just unusually not going their way. Where they are under performing for no apparent reason. It happens in every sport practically. But in boxing, many dismiss this, a boxer has to be perfect, they can't even just have a bad night at the office. They don't have a best of seven or four series. Sometimes these guys just under perform inexplicably.

Kinda like the NCAA Tournament, basketball.
                Last edited by radioraheem; 12-09-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  You sometimes have to be careful with criticism because fighters can have a 'bad' night, where things are just unusually not going their way. Where they are under performing for no apparent reason. It happens in every sport practically. But in boxing, many dismiss this, a boxer has to be perfect, they can't even just have a bad night at the office. They don't have a best of seven or four series. Sometimes these guys just under perform inexplicably.
                  This is a great post. With only one or two times to exhibit your craft in year as opposed to multiple games to improve or shake off a bad performance.

That's the thing about boxing. One bad night in the ring can mean your life.

Comment

I was listening to thaBoxingVoice and I heard this is what Porter planned, to use Bradley's blueprint.

Comment

Working...
                    X