No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Lands 41% of Power Punches on Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Lands 41% of Power Punches on Trout

Erislandy Lara's jab (7 of 23 landed per round), movement and accurate punching (landed 41% of his power shots) was the difference in this battle of counterpunching southpaws. Austin Trout landed just 20% of his total punches- the exact number landed by Lara's last 6 opponents. That's #3 behind only Rigondeaux (16%), Mayweather (18%) and Anselmo Moreno (18%). [Click Here To Read More]

His style may not appeal to the masses but this boy can flat out box! I stated before the fight that I thought this was a poor management choice by Trout's team. Erislandy Lara is very difficult to look good against even if Trout miraculously beat him. I know they were going after the title but Trout needed a more flat footed opponent to beat convincingly, then go after a title considering the long layoff. But anyway, I am sold on Erislandy Lara after this performance. He didn't just wing shots all night and get lucky, he showed a very good boxing IQ. I think it's time people give Erislandy credit for being a highly skilled boxing tactician.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
      His style may not appeal to the masses but this boy can flat out box! I stated before the fight that I thought this was a poor management choice by Trout's team. Erislandy Lara is very difficult to look good against even if Trout miraculously beat him. I know they were going after the title but Trout needed a more flat footed opponent to beat convincingly, then go after a title considering the long layoff. But anyway, I am sold on Erislandy Lara after this performance. He didn't just wing shots all night and get lucky, he showed a very good boxing IQ. I think it's time people give Erislandy credit for being a highly skilled boxing tactician.
      i have been sold on lara for a while now, i really think he can beat mayweather

Comment

Lara the only one right now with the skillset to bring out the best in Mayweather.. True story

Comment

Too bad Lara didn't throw more, it really felt like Trout could not avoid that left hand. Lara might have stopped him.

Oh well, not his style, and an impressive win nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Too bad Lara didn't throw more, it really felt like Trout could not avoid that left hand. Lara might have stopped him.

Oh well, not his style, and an impressive win nonetheless.
            Yea i was disappointed with lara when he knocked down trout he could of really finished him off there, trout bless him he was on queer street, that would of been a big statement which would deffinitely guaranteed carrot top vs lara would not happen lol.

I was also disappointed with rigo he should of stepped on it more with agbeko,to make a statement so these ufc fans can get off his back.

Comment

Hard to say where Trout's going to go from here. Not looking to good at the moment. Should never had tried to be the aggressor but I guess someone had to do it.

Comment

A majestic 5.7 power punches landed per round by Lara.

The 41% sounds good but when you look at the real number it was a stinker

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
                  Lara the only one right now with the skillset to bring out the best in Mayweather.. True story
                  Agree 100% That was a MASTERFUL display of boxing. I would pay to see Lara vs. Mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    A majestic 5.7 power punches landed per round by Lara.

The 41% sounds good but when you look at the real number it was a stinker
                    What the he!! are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                    X