No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Joseph Agbeko on The Loss To Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Joseph Agbeko on The Loss To Rigondeaux

Ryan Burton catches up with Joseph Agbeko to discuss his lopsided decision loss to WBA/WBO super bantamweight world champion Guillermo Rigodeaux, what went wrong in the fight, what's next and more. [Click Here To Read More]

What I said. A frustrated fighter who knew he couldn't rush in. No surprise the "record setting fighter for throwing punches didn't throw more". He said it.

Took his soul?? Please Surprised Agbeko himself wasn't yawning.

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
      What I said. A frustrated fighter who knew he couldn't rush in. No surprise the "record setting fighter for throwing punches didn't throw more". He said it.

Took his soul?? Please Surprised Agbeko himself wasn't yawning.
      I don't understand your point. I really don't. So you would have wanted Rigo to let Agbenko rush him in?

Huh? Aren't boxers supposed to prevent that?

That's like asking a GK to move from the center of the goal to allow the penalty taker more room to score.

can you clarify in a few simple sentences ( I ask because I don't think you're trolling; but I don't get the point)

Comment

Poor guy had his soul snatched in the first round

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          I don't understand your point. I really don't. So you would have wanted Rigo to let Agbenko rush him in?

That's like asking a GK to move from the center of the goal to allow the penalty taker more room to score.

can you clarify in a few simple sentences ( I ask because I don't think you're trolling; but I don't get the point)
          I see that over and over on this site. Guys will literally ask someone to risk their health and their livelihood just to make a fight more entertaining. Does that really make sense to anyone? I wonder how many guys on here would do that themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I see that over and over on this site. Guys will literally ask someone to risk their health and their livelihood just to make a fight more entertaining. Does that really make sense to anyone? I wonder how many guys on here would do that themselves.
            Look at poor Tapia. He's probably ruined at 23. Now I want to see Lampley, Dan Rafael, and the fans who love that **** pay him a salary for the rest of his life.

Dude probably lost his career....at 23.

Comment

Look at poor Tapia. He's probably ruined at 23. Now I want to see Lampley, Dan Rafael, and the fans who love that **** pay him a salary for the rest of his life.

Dude probably lost his career....at 23.
              That's what gets me. People would never do that themselves, yet they demand that someone else do it. Now, don't get me wrong, this is the "hurting business," but I don't see anything wrong with simply outclassing someone if you've got the skills.

Rigo is laughing on his way to the bank, and so would I if I were him.

Comment

I'm seriously butt hurt over tha tapia loss. Man the dude believed in himself and Kirkland ****ed him up bad. Tapias corner sucks.

Comment

Agbeko was not going to throw more than he did. Not against Rigo. Agbeko is a smart enough fighter to know that going in against Rigo he will have to attack very smart and protect himself at all times.

I did not want Agbeko to rush in. He wouldn't have been able to. It would have been completely stupid. I wanted Rigo to put more together. I wanted Rigo to recognize he had a fighter who couldnt hit him and couldn't do **** , to do even less.

Ward said it during the fight. He said something like if Rigo wanted to he can be a bit more aggressive and maybe get a stoppage.

Im not even going to reply to his dumb fans. They say Rigo can't be a bit more aggressive. They think he will "risk his health". Please , Rigo doesn't get hit. He plays with people in the ring.

Go watch the 6th round of the fight. Ward says it perfectly. I've seen a few people here also expressing the same. I'm not the only who thinks Rigo can put a bit more together and completely annihilate his opponent. Rigo can blitz anyone out of the ring if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
                    Agbeko was not going to throw more than he did. Not against Rigo. Agbeko is a smart enough fighter to know that going in against Rigo he will have to attack very smart and protect himself at all times.

I did not want Agbeko to rush in. He wouldn't have been able to. It would have been completely stupid. I wanted Rigo to put more together. I wanted Rigo to recognize he had a fighter who couldnt hit him and couldn't do **** , to do even less.

Ward said it during the fight. He said something like if Rigo wanted to he can be a bit more aggressive and maybe get a stoppage.

Im not even going to reply to his dumb fans. They say Rigo can't be a bit more aggressive. They think he will "risk his health". Please , Rigo doesn't get hit. He plays with people in the ring.

Go watch the 6th round of the fight. Ward says it perfectly. I've seen a few people here also expressing the same. I'm not the only who thinks Rigo can put a bit more together and completely annihilate his opponent. Rigo can blitz anyone out of the ring if he wanted to.
                    Are you serious? Rigo took a couple of hard shots from Marroquin in their fight, and he catches lesser punches often enough. And who says Guille can't be more aggressive? The question isn't whether Rigo can be more aggressive. The question is whether he truly has to be. The answer to that question is no, not if he doesn't want to. He wins anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X