No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Mayweather: Agbeko Did Not Try, Took No Chances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: R. Mayweather: Agbeko Did Not Try, Took No Chances

Ryan Burton catches up with trainer Roger Mayweather to discuss Joseph Agbeko's defeat at the hands of undefeated WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux, and what Agbeko didn't do to secure the victory. [Click Here To Read More]

Agbeko fought last night? I thought that was Clottey

Comment

one of the most pointless fights i've ever seen on HBO.

Comment

Roger was clearly disgusted with Agbeko's "performance," dude brought his Ninja Turtle shell to survive for a paycheck.

Comment

It was a disgusting performance. Nice to see his own trainer bash him for that bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            one of the most pointless fights i've ever seen on HBO.
            You musta never saw one of Roy Jones' IBAFQ mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Agbeko fought last night? I thought that was Clottey
              Clottey actually threw punches!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Clottey actually threw punches!
                Agbeko landed 48 punches last night. That's four per-round. Who would've guessed that going in?

Comment

So basically Agbeko fought like his nephew

Comment

What I saw was Agbeko tried using his usual run-in style in round 1 but Rigondeaux continuously threw that kind of uppercut down the middle and Agbeko felt it and didn't know any other style to use. He saw he could not outbox Rigondeaux, and fighting him would just get him countered to death. and fighting dirty was useless because of that uppercut.

Similar thing happened to Donaire, Riogondeaux and him met in the center of the ring in round 1 and Rigo threw that very fast straight left that backed Donaire up and that kind put Donaire in a state of panic the whole entire fight.

Rigondeaux does something to these fighters in the first round that makes them sh-t their trunks and do nothing for the next 11 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X