Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara: I Did What Canelo Alvarez Couldn't Do!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara: I Did What Canelo Alvarez Couldn't Do!

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York - Erislandy Lara (19-1-2, 12 KO's) soundly defeated Austin Trout (26-2, 14 KO's) by unanimous decision in a technical bout. The scores were 115-109 and 117-110 twice. Trout never seemed comfortable in the ring. Lara sent Trout down in the 11th round for only the second time in Trout's career.

[Click Here To Read More]

A fighter who can take a loss like a man he is like an unicorn of boxing nowadays.

Comment

Props to trout for trying to force the fight and be something he is not

All Lara did was run and wait

I'm glad Lara won so now we can see Him fight Canelo

If slow ass angulo tagged lara then Canelo takes his head off

Can't wait to see what the 4 Cuban boxing fans have to say about this cheap victory

Comment

Originally posted by Cuerno~de~Chivo View Post

Can't wait to see what the 4 Cuban boxing fans have to say about this cheap victory
        he beat trout way more convincingly than cAnelo. Your tears will be delicious if cAnelo stops ducking him

Comment

This is a common misconception. Canelo fights nothing like Angulo. Angulo is a pressure volume fighter and has the stamina to keep coming at you. Canelo on the other hand would not be able to press the action at the pace Angulo did vs Lara. Am I saying Angulo is better than CAnelo? Hell no but styles make fights and Lara is just an absolutely terrible stylistic matchup for Canelo. I would empty my bank account on Lara if this fight happens in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ronin- View Post
            This is a common misconception. Canelo fights nothing like Angulo. Angulo is a pressure volume fighter and has the stamina to keep coming at you. Canelo on the other hand would not be able to press the action at the pace Angulo did vs Lara. Am I saying Angulo is better than CAnelo? Hell no but styles make fights and Lara is just an absolutely terrible stylistic matchup for Canelo. I would empty my bank account on Lara if this fight happens in 2014.
            It would be a good fight but after so much running Canelo catches him

I also think Kirkland ko's him

Cotto even takes out chinny lara

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              he beat trout way more convincingly than cAnelo. Your tears will be delicious if cAnelo stops ducking him
              You believe in triangle theorys

You're just a Lara fan boy

Comment

How is Lara chinny? Each of the knockdowns by Angulo were massive full power left hooks that he ran into. He recovered well and came back. Kirkland has terrible footwork and would get hit way too clean. How would Canelo catch Lara? Canelo always needs to have his feet set. If not then he's going to turn into a boxing match that he can't win.

Kind of sounds like you just hate cubans or Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  A fighter who can take a loss like a man he is like an unicorn of boxing nowadays.
                  I know, felt bad I had to root against Trout on this one

Bahaha I'm not Cuban but Lara beats down any JMW you can name, not including Floyd. Cotto and Canelo struggled with Trout, Lara is a Slicker, stronger, and faster version if you couldn't tell

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Can't wait to take all the Canelo fans points and money lol

Comment

This fight was borring as f uck......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                    X