No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Three Big Cards, One Big Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Three Big Cards, One Big Report Card

By Cliff Rold - This is a packed Saturday. From Jr. Featherweight to Middleweight, fans will see a slew of competitive matches featuring some of the world’s best.

All this and college football’s final weekend before bowl season? It’s enough to make a head (or at least a DVR) explode.

Viewers will want to be aware of start times. Showtime goes live Saturday at 8 PM EST and 5 PM PST. HBO will be live 9:45 PM EST/PST. We start with the man regarded as the most talented of the broad bunch on display. The Middleweight fight will not be live in the US but replays December 15th on the ProSieben network, available on some cable packages. [Click Here To Read More]

ridongeux has also fought ricardo cordoba. so he has fought 3 world champs not 2 like these idiot writers claim who never proof read and check their facts.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
      ridongeux has also fought ricardo cordoba. so he has fought 3 world champs not 2 like these idiot writers claim who never proof read and check their facts.
      If you are gonna defend your hero with such zeal, then at least spell his friggin name right...

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
        I recalled Cordoba as an interim champ (which I won't count; they're not the same) a couple times but you're right. On review, he was elevated to one of the WBA's stupid 'regular' titles (which he promptly lost and never defended) while Caballero was unified.

It's along the lines of what Sturm initially won before eventually getting full recognition. Given the WBA's propensity to hand out as many as three belt per class sometimes, this sort of oversight can happen. It will be corrected.

And if you're going to call someone an idiot for a semantic error, you should probably spell Rigondeaux's name right.

And capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

And use commas where appropriate.

LOL
        Last edited by crold1; 12-07-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

One factor in the Malignaggi fight often overlooked is the fact that he has little to no experience against southpaws. Perhaps Judah's age along with wear and tear might prevent him from capitalizing on this handicap, but it is one thing he was once very good at exploiting.

Other than that little observation, very good prefight analysis!

Comment

Funny somebody would get upset about you missing listing a past/current/future beltholder. As you can see from Sturm's listing it's a meaningless stat. 9 beltholders fought and none of them were ever the true "champion" of the division or best at 160. Everybody gets some belt in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
              Funny somebody would get upset about you missing listing a past/current/future beltholder. As you can see from Sturm's listing it's a meaningless stat. 9 beltholders fought and none of them were ever the true "champion" of the division or best at 160. Everybody gets some belt in boxing
              Still merits correction. I don't have any issue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                Still merits correction. I don't have any issue with that.
                Agreed. Just can't see it worth getting upset over and calling you an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  I recalled Cordoba as an interim champ (which I won't count; they're not the same) a couple times but you're right. On review, he was elevated to one of the WBA's stupid 'regular' titles (which he promptly lost and never defended) while Caballero was unified.

It's along the lines of what Sturm initially won before eventually getting full recognition. Given the WBA's propensity to hand out as many as three belt per class sometimes, this sort of oversight can happen. It will be corrected.

And if you're going to call someone an idiot for a semantic error, you should probably spell Rigondeaux's name right.

And capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

And use commas where appropriate.

LOL
                  Bahahahahahahahaha excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
                    Bahahahahahahahaha excellent
                    I strive for getting it right and since I go out of my way to post as many stats and figures as I do, I hate when I get one wrong. It happens. I'm happy to admit and fix when I do.

But I couldn't resist clowning that junk.
                    Last edited by crold1; 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X