Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: The Tale of The Magic Man Continues…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: The Tale of The Magic Man Continues…

By Thomas Gerbasi - As far as Paulie Malignaggi was concerned, it was a good enough way to go out. Seen as the underdog’s underdog for so many years, only to silence the critics time and time again, the two-division world champion had the WBA welterweight title and the home ring advantage in Brooklyn heading into his June bout with Adrien Broner, but little else in the way of support.

Again, he was supposed to lose, this time to the latest “next big thing.” And he did, but the performance he gave in dropping a split decision to Broner didn’t just raise his stock, it proved that he still had more to give to a sport that only gave back to him when he made enough noise to demand it. [Click Here To Read More]

The man should really retire after he loses to Judah. It's amazing how he can last in a sport like this without power and at his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
      The man should really retire after he loses to Judah. It's amazing how he can last in a sport like this without power and at his weight class.
      Its all about skills. Thats the only way a boxer can have longevity. Daniel Zaragoza was the oldest 122lb champ in history and he wasn't a puncher. He fought everyone from Zarate to Morales and he cut in almost every fight to add to his problem of having no power. Skills and determination have kept Paulie in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
        Its all about skills. Thats the only way a boxer can have longevity. Daniel Zaragoza was the oldest 122lb champ in history and he wasn't a puncher. He fought everyone from Zarate to Morales and he cut in almost every fight to add to his problem of having no power. Skills and determination have kept Paulie in this sport.
        Green K dammit

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
          Bit premature? Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Imagine PAULIE with some pops in hands.....ATG for sure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco
              Imagine PAULIE with some pops in hands.....ATG for sure!!!
              I don't like when people make comments like this.

What makes you think he would fight the same way if he had power?

Actually, I'm not even sure if it's cause he lacks power or cause he doesn't wanna injure his hands.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Actually, I'm not even sure if it's cause he lacks power or cause he doesn't wanna injure his hands.

I'm sure he meant that with his existing attributes, if pop were in the mix, Paulie would be sick. I thought I heard it said that when he tried to sit down on his punches, his hands bothered him.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I'm sure he meant that with his existing attributes, if pop were in the mix, Paulie would be sick. I thought I heard it said that when he tried to sit down on his punches, his hands bothered him.
                  I know what he meant. But I'm saying, it's no guarantee he would fight the same way if he had power in both hands.

Comment

I'm a big Paulie Malignaggi fan. Who gives a f about his punching power. Dude fights with more heart than these so called p4p fighters that folks on here love to crow about nonstop

Comment

Working...
                    X