No announcement yet.

Yakuza Involved in Navarro-Kawashima Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yakuza Involved in Navarro-Kawashima Fight

In a business where snakes are the dominant force, there are some good guys who at times can lose sight of what’s right and wrong! That being said, I’m taking Promoter Lou Di Bella to task for his handling of the situation his client Jose Navarro finds himself in. A 2000 Olympian, Navarro traveled to Japan in order to take on WBC 115 lb. titleholder Katsushigie Kawashima on January 3rd. After 12 pretty one-sided rounds, anybody outside of the late Ray Charles could clearly see that Navarro won nine heats at the very minimum! The outcome of this fight isn’t one we can even debate, that’s how decisive a performance was put forth by Navarro. [details]

Hang 'em High !!!

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
    In a business where snakes are the dominant force, there are some good guys who at times can lose sight of what’s right and wrong! That being said, I’m taking Promoter Lou Di Bella to task for his handling of the situation his client Jose Navarro finds himself in. A 2000 Olympian, Navarro traveled to Japan in order to take on WBC 115 lb. titleholder Katsushigie Kawashima on January 3rd. After 12 pretty one-sided rounds, anybody outside of the late Ray Charles could clearly see that Navarro won nine heats at the very minimum! The outcome of this fight isn’t one we can even debate, that’s how decisive a performance was put forth by Navarro. [details]
    Give 'em hell, Pedro, GIVE 'EM BLOODY HELL !!! We, the boxing fans, are all behind you. Kick some corporate ass. Let's flush these bastards down the toilet, where they belong!

Comment

"...elements of the Yakuza were involved..."

Eye of the Tiger! Gerry Penalosa (L) vs. Masamori Tokuyama (R)

Was that the reason why Gerry Penalosa lost twice to Masamori Tokuyama in Japan?!

I saw those fights and our boy won. Lost by Split Decision my ass! Even Tokuyama said to Penalosa after the fight..."you won champ."
      Last edited by mr. bojangles; 01-18-2005, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Yakuza? Come on. I saw that fight and while I scored the fight 117-112 to Navarro I can kind of understand why they gave it to Kawashima. Kawashima was coming foward lots and winging, he did miss a lot and get picked off but the crowd was going crazy while he was coming foward throwing bombs. He showed lots of heart. It was a bad decision but not THAT bad. Its no Chavez/Whitaker or Ottke/Larsen. Their probably wouldn't be this kind of reaction had the Canadian judges scorecard been closer. I watched Fernandez's comentary and it was incredibly biased for Navarro. Turn the sound down and make your own mind up.

Comment

Working...
        X