Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tapia Plans To Take Chances, Entertain Against Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tapia Plans To Take Chances, Entertain Against Kirkland

PATERSON, N.J. — Glen Tapia’s willingness to initiate exciting exchanges has made him a fan-friendly fighter since he turned pro five years ago.

Some boxing experts envision a slugfest favoring James Kirkland, Tapia’s opponent Saturday night in Atlantic City, but that won’t stop Tapia from brawling with one of the sport’s most dangerous punchers at times during his HBO debut. [Click Here To Read More]

Tapia by KO

Comment

I like both these dudes, but I gotta go with the Jersey boy, he is in tough though, KirkLand wants to show the world he hasnt gon anywhere

Comment

Jersey Boy by KO. Kirkland's been out of the ring way too long.

Comment

Kirkland KO in five or less! You cant entertain against Kirkland or youll get KTFO. Nobody brawls with him and makes it out with Anne Wolfe in his corner.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Jersey Boy by KO. Kirkland's been out of the ring way too long.
            I'm going with Tapia in this one. I think the ring rust and weight Kirkland has had to deal with will give him in. But as we know this is boxing and anything can happen. Glad to hear Tapia is gonna fight smart.

Comment

Very intriguing matchup and fight considering the inactivity of Kirkland. Tapia hasn't faced the type of opposition Kirkland has, however, Kirkland has shown a weak chin that can be cracked with an early punch and that is exactly what you don't want to suffer from coming from a long layoff. I believe that Kirkland is the more solid fighter but his weird chin could give the advantage to Tapia. Really hard to predict how it's going to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                I'm going with Tapia in this one. I think the ring rust and weight Kirkland has had to deal with will give him in. But as we know this is boxing and anything can happen. Glad to hear Tapia is gonna fight smart.

Yea, that's the best game plan i think, why give Kirkland a chance for an early KO when you can just fight smart for the first 6 rounds and then step on the gas in the second half of the fight when Kirkland is gassed.

Kirkland's gonna be exhausted after 6 rounds. I see an 8th or 9th round KO for Tapia.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  Kirkland KO in five or less! You cant entertain against Kirkland or youll get KTFO. Nobody brawls with him and makes it out with Anne Wolfe in his corner.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  you wanna put a lil e guap on this? Big Dunn thinks Jersey Boy Tapia is gonna surprise Kirkland and beat the ring rust off him.

Comment

Don't sleep on Kirkland! he is an accomplished boxer - and he will come in top shape, I haven't seen Tapia fight, so I will be doing my research ! But James is a handful especially with Ann in his corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X