Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamar Russ: The World Will Know Me After I Beat Macklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamar Russ: The World Will Know Me After I Beat Macklin

Those who tune in to HBO’s “Boxing After Dark” on Dec. 7 probably won’t know who Lamar Russ is.

Russ, of course, is looking to change that.

Russ stepped in for the injured Willie Nelson and will face middleweight Matthew Macklin on the televised undercard, part of a tripleheader airing from Atlantic City that includes Glen Tapia vs. James Kirkland in the co-feature and Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Joseph Agbeko in the main event. [Click Here To Read More]

Seems like a nice guy with a good attitude. Hard to know what to expect as I've not seen much of Russ in action but Macklin is still a good fighter so if Russ gets a win here I'd consider him top 10 or at least borderline, despite his inexperience.

Comment

Well the world would have to know who Macklin was first for that to happen.

Comment

I follow this young fellow on twitter. He is a nice guy and a very dedicated student of the game. He is putting his heart and soul into this sport. He deserves the opportunity. He is very inexperienced but the training and work he did with Golovkin should help him in that area.

Comment

Macklin has practically been knocked out twice in a row. This is usually the #1 indicator that a fighter is about to go on a losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post

pretty much this

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
              Pretty sue he's just generalizing moreso the boxing world who obviously know who Macklin is.

He's a complete unknown really so the world is your oyster sink or swim drown or float jetski or paddle

Comment

Wish I could see more footage of the young lad

Comment

Lamar was on a few regional and national teams with me starting back in like 2002 when Victor Ortiz quit in the world's against Amir Khan... Pretty good fighter, wish him the best! He won nearly 50 straight before losing one. I picked on him because I made it to 63 before my first loss. Cool kid though.

Comment

I'm rooting for him! This is Lamar Russ' big opportunity to break through and arrive on the scene. I haven't saw much footage of him, but this is his chance to show us what he's got.

Great short-notice fight. Who was Macklin originally supposed to fight again?

Comment

Working...
                    X