Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield and Valuev to Meet Five Years After The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holyfield and Valuev to Meet Five Years After The Fight

Former heavyweight champions Evander Holyfield and Nikolai Valuev will meet today in Moscow. Five years have passed since their fight in 2008, when Valuev won by unanimous decision and defended his WBA title. In the capital of Russia, the boxers will give masterclasses and then hold a briefing for mass-media, according to BoxKO.ru.

After that Valuev and Holyfield will move to Barnaul to join a big tournament as special guests on November 15, where the co-organizer of the event is Vlad Hryunov. In the major fight of the night, Svetlana Kulakova will defend her WBA interim light welterweight title against Florence Muthoni from Kenya. Also, WBA #4 lightweight Eduard Troyanovskiy will have his PABA title defense against Michael Odhiambo from Kenya. Russian prospective boxers Fedor Chudinov and Arif Magomedov will fight on the undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember th fight & it was a MD, some1 had it a draw...IMO Holy did more than enuf 4 the decision but didn't get it...

Comment

I saw Valuev on some documentary about hunting a yeti last week, srs.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Holyfield got robbed!!!

Comment

Felt bad for Holyfield as it was his last chance for a belt, he did a difficult job only to be robbed of the win.

He's pretty classy to have not complained more than he did.

Comment

It is a pity 'Vander has to plod around the world picking-up appearance money to sort out his eye-watering tax debts; the guy deserves better.

That ghastly press release quote/babble attributed to him surely does not reflect what Real Deal must be thinking.

He's probably thinking: $5,000 appearance fee to drag my ass all the way over to Moscow, stay in a ****ty hotel, get photographed with that weird, big guy Valuev who knows I beat him, promote a ****ty fight. Wish I'd got my taxes sorted and hired a better accountant and lawyer.

Comment

Working...
            X