No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Rules Out Mayweather For Trout-Lara Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Rules Out Mayweather For Trout-Lara Winner

With any fight that takes place at 147 or 154 lb. these days, conversation is expected to quickly turn to what is in store for the winner. There are more lucrative options between these two weight classes than in all of the other divisions combined.

In order to get fighters like Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara to face each other, you would think there would exist the necessary advanced incentive for the winner. It’s a good thing neither of them need such massaging, because chances are there isn’t a major fight on that level in either fighter’s immediate future.

Select names were offered as possible future opponents for whomever comes out on top in their Dec. 7 showdown in Brooklyn. The biggest of them all, however, was immediately scratched from the list, despite the vacant belt at stake tied to said fighter. [Click Here To Read More]

Schafer say's that Mayweather's not going to fight at 154 unless it's a big money fight.

Everyone with a grain of sense already knows this.

Mayweather's a Welterweight and not a big one at that. He's not going to fight north of 147 unless it's a big money fight. Never has, never will.

Comment

It's going to be

Comment

Guess Floyd should have no problem dumping that 154 pound belt then? If you are a 147 pound guy, then that's where you should fight.

Comment

neither will ever get a fight with money

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Guess Floyd should have no problem dumping that 154 pound belt then? If you are a 147 pound guy, then that's where you should fight.
            They'll let him keep it for insurance.... in case he does feel like fighting there again.

Comment

Floyd yet again avoiding a slick AA. Who didn't see that coming?

Comment

Great, that would be the most boring fight of the decade

Comment

So this basically means I don't want to risk losing to Lara unless I can weaken him to 150 catch weight

Comment

Originally posted by AztecWanker View Post
                    Floyd yet again avoiding a slick AA. Who didn't see that coming?
                    Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    So this basically means I don't want to risk losing to Lara unless I can weaken him to 150 catch weight
                    didnt realize schaffer and floyd were the same person now...

Comment

Working...
                    X