Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tapia on James Kirkland: I Will Show I Have More Talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tapia on James Kirkland: I Will Show I Have More Talent

Undefeated junior middleweight contender Glen Tapia (20-0, 12KOs) plans to show his talents when he faces the most dangerous opponent of his entire career, top contender James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs). The fight will be showcased by HBO on December 7th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Kirkland has a big edge in experience, but Tapia has the edge with activity. He already fought four times in 2013, winning three of those bouts by knockout. Due to promotional and legal issues, Kirkland has been inactive since March 2012, when he was awarded a controversial ten round disqualification win over Carlos Molina.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a good match-up. I wonder how Tapia will handle that first big shot from Kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      This is a good match-up. I wonder how Tapia will handle that first big shot from Kirkland.
      My question exactly but at the same time we can ask the same about Kirkland. I think that whoever lands the big shot first wins. Interesting fight.

Comment

I hope Kirkland comes out guns blazing and goes to war....I want to like him again

Comment

Kirkland is going to smoke Tapio. Abie Han had Tapia thinking quit. Mandingo Warrior will certainly impose his will on him - brutally.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuavale View Post
            Kirkland is going to smoke Tapio. Abie Han had Tapia thinking quit. Mandingo Warrior will certainly impose his will on him - brutally.
            I dont know what fight you were watching but I never saw Tapia in any kind of real danger in his fight against Han.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
              My question exactly but at the same time we can ask the same about Kirkland. I think that whoever lands the big shot first wins. Interesting fight.
              Well, we know Kirkland can be hurt, although Tapia doesn't appear to be a huge puncher. Then again, we see what Ishida did. Again, it's a compelling match-up.

Comment

Working...
              X