No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams Plans To Step Away From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams Plans To Step Away From Boxing

Sonny Bill Williams has ruled out boxing again for the next three years.

The most in-demand player at the Rugby League World Cup finally broke his silence today and spoke to the media after a Kiwis training session in St Helens, just outside Liverpool.

Williams spoke for about 10 minutes after signing autographs for many of the 200 or so league fans who turned up mainly to see him in action.

During his media scrum he was asked his views on New Zealand boxer Joseph Parker. Promoter Dean Lonergan is prepared to put up $1 million in prize money for the pair to fight.

However, Williams said that while he hoped Parker had a good career, he didn't expect to be stepping back into the boxing ring in the near future.

"I wish him nothing but the best, nothing but success," Williams said.

"For me and my future, the next three years in my head has been mapped out and I guess there isn't any time in the next few years for boxing - maybe after that we'll see what happens." [Click Here To Read More]

SBW is way too good at two other sports to be fooling around with boxing.

He shouldn't lend Mundine the money for Mosley though, he might never see it again.

Comment

Boxing will sure miss him. Who was he?

Just kidding!

Comment

Guy is a world class sportsman, but i'm glad hes no longer going to be disrespecting boxing by half assing it

Interesting aside, I fitted SBW for a suit a couple years ago when I worked in a clothes shop

Comment

Inside leg measurement? Ooh Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
            Inside leg measurement? Ooh Sir!
            Haha but no, it was off the peg suit so i basically just guessed his sizes and told him it was a good fit

Comment

that pretty classy of him to help out mundine because mundine helped him.

Comment

Working...
              X