No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog Shakes His Head at Klitschko-Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog Shakes His Head at Klitschko-Povetkin

Former world middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog of Russia was shaking his head at the lackluster fight between WBA, IBF, IBO and WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin. This past Saturday night at Olympic Stadium in Moscow, Klitschko won a very wide twelve round decision over Povetkin. But the fight had a lot of clinching and rough tactics on the part of Wladimir, who even lost a point for shoving Povetkin to the floor. Pirog personally attended the match.

[Click Here To Read More]

...and pulled a muscle doing so and now needs another 2 years to recover before he can fight again.

Comment

what a waste of a career. i was looking forward to pirog making waves in the division too.

Comment

Pirog is not lying. That was worse than Ruiz.

Comment

Yet the behavior of Klitschko in the ring...........like other fans I just don't understand it. It was no coincidence that he was booed during his [post-fight] speech," Pirog said.
          Yikes.

Seems as though German boxing fans are the only fanbase braindead enough to be able to tolerate Wlad's naseuating WWE style of boxing... but then again, this is the same country that turned Sven Ottke into a national boxing icon.

Comment

Originally posted by IronChinWilder View Post
            Yikes.

Seems as though German boxing fans are the only fanbase braindead enough to be able to tolerate Wlad's naseuating WWE style of boxing... but then again, this is the same country that turned Sven Ottke into a national boxing icon.
            Do they even watch the fight? They seem asleep to me, maybe they suffer from insomnia and Wlad is the only cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              ...and pulled a muscle doing so and now needs another 2 years to recover before he can fight again.
              Awww

I like Pirog, but if he is fit now he needs to get that ass back in the ring...clocks-a-tickin'.

Comment

And I am shaking my head at Dmitry Pirog. He beat an overhyped, green and very amateurish prospect, and thought the world was at his feet. He went on a bum streak and kept looking unimpressive, complaining all the while that he was being 'ducked'.

Comment

I didn't realise the crowd booed Wlad. I hope he takes the criticism seriously, he ruined the event for a lot of people around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I think we're all shaking our heads about this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X