Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Has Doubts Haye Will Follow Through With 2/8 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Has Doubts Haye Will Follow Through With 2/8 Fight

Tyson Fury has questioned whether David Haye wants to, or will ever, fight him after the cancellation of their originally-scheduled bout this weekend.

Fury was due to meet the former WBA heavyweight champion on Saturday but Haye pulled out last weekend after being cut above his eye in sparring.

A new date - February 8 - has been set for the rescheduled bout but the Manchester fighter is looking for compensation if Haye fails to turn up for a second time, claiming to be well out of pocket for the first cancellation, and wonders if that will ever happen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone know if Haye showed picture of the cut? I just find it hard to believe that haye would still be sparing this close to a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
      Anyone know if Haye showed picture of the cut? I just find it hard to believe that haye would still be sparing this close to a fight.
      Sorry I can't link you but yeah, its out there.

Does this mean we have to hear Fury for the next 4 months? I'd really rather not. Talking smack is like exercise: sometimes you gotta give it a rest.

Comment

He showed a photo (it was on boxingscene) and a fight of this magnitude would have required external medical confirmation as well.

I doubt Haye will agree to foot Fury's training costs if he has to pull out again (stranger things have happened, look at Brook vs Alexander) but he could push this on the promoters - make them cover him as they can get insurance for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Sorry I can't link you but yeah, its out there.

Does this mean we have to hear Fury for the next 4 months? I'd really rather not. Talking smack is like exercise: sometimes you gotta give it a rest.
          Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
          He showed a photo (it was on boxingscene) and a fight of this magnitude would have required external medical confirmation as well.

I doubt Haye will agree to foot Fury's training costs if he has to pull out again (stranger things have happened, look at Brook vs Alexander) but he could push this on the promoters - make them cover him as they can get insurance for it too.
          Thanks. I was looking forward to this fight..I dont think its gonna happen IMO

Comment

The pictures were all over the net, Sugarant.

It's an unfortunate incident but I can understand Fury's ire.

Comment

You may find such a photo here:
              http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...h-cut-eye.html

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Damn that looks like he got butted.

Comment

Damn that looks like he got butted.
                  I heard it was an elbow that got him!

Comment

Fury really thinks he is good,lol..damn Haye posted the picture of his cut why is he acting like someone is ducking his sorry ass?

Comment

Working...
                    X