No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Still in The Dark on Sept. 21 Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Still in The Dark on Sept. 21 Opponent

Nicaraguan boxer Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (35-0, 29KOs), who holds the WBA title at 108-pounds, is scheduled to return on September 21 in Managua. The fight is going to be a non-title encounter against an unknown Mexican opponent. The fight is a ten round scheduled at 112-pounds. There is still talk that Gonzalez will next fight on November 10 in Japan, where he might go after the flyweight crown of the World Boxing Association (WBA), which is held by Argentina's Juan Carlos Reveco. First, Reveco has scheduled a defense for the 29th of this month in Argentina, with Panamanian Ricardo Nunez. Reveco is the fight that Gonzalez prefers for the November date. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Nicaraguan boxer Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (35-0, 29KOs), who holds the WBA title at 108-pounds, is scheduled to return on September 21 in Managua. The fight is going to be a non-title encounter against an unknown Mexican opponent. The fight is a ten round scheduled at 112-pounds. There is still talk that Gonzalez will next fight on November 10 in Japan, where he might go after the flyweight crown of the World Boxing Association (WBA), which is held by Argentina's Juan Carlos Reveco. First, Reveco has scheduled a defense for the 29th of this month in Argentina, with Panamanian Ricardo Nunez. Reveco is the fight that Gonzalez prefers for the November date. [Click Here To Read More]
    In the dark? Gonzalez is such a talented fighter but he's always fighting bums besides his fight with Estrada. I dont blame him for wanting a stay busy fight but this guy is almost as bad as Russell Jr when it come to fighting TBA's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      In the dark? Gonzalez is such a talented fighter but he's always fighting bums besides his fight with Estrada. I dont blame him for wanting a stay busy fight but this guy is almost as bad as Russell Jr when it come to fighting TBA's.
      This. Roman fights bum after bum but yet some ******s here have him on their p4p list. Dude fought estrada who no one gave a chance too win but barely beat him. Estrada is fighting now in his natural weight and has done much better work than him

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
        This. Roman fights bum after bum but yet some ******s here have him on their p4p list. Dude fought estrada who no one gave a chance too win but barely beat him. Estrada is fighting now in his natural weight and has done much better work than him
        I agree Estrada has done more with his career so far. But to be fair Estrada was pretty much a unknown to most people before he fought Gonzalez. The thing that bugs me is Gonzalez says he wanted the Viloria Marquez winner and instead he fights nobodies. Ioka did walk away from a fight with him but he could go after fights with Nietes, Hernandez, even Fuentes would be a worthy fight. He's got 35 fights already, it's time to go after the big fights already. There are some good fights for him at 108 and 112.

Comment

I agree Estrada has done more with his career so far. But to be fair Estrada was pretty much a unknown to most people before he fought Gonzalez. The thing that bugs me is Gonzalez says he wanted the Viloria Marquez winner and instead he fights nobodies. Ioka did walk away from a fight with him but he could go after fights with Nietes, Hernandez, even Fuentes would be a worthy fight. He's got 35 fights already, it's time to go after the big fights already. There are some good fights for him at 108 and 112.
          Great post. Wouldn't it be something if both Ioka and Roman moved up to 112. I would shed tears of joy lol. About Estrada, i couldn't agree more. Also, it was Estrada's first time dropping to 108 just to fight Roman... that had to be a factor as well. Perhaps Roman vs EL Confesor would be sick. Casimero, Nietes and Moi are also great match ups, like you said. Pedro Guevera needs a bit more polishing but in time that could be a nice match up as well. So many good fights for the talented Gonzalez, he just needs to go after them.

Comment

he did want a fight with Nietes but Nietes's managers/promoter shot it down. Hes still looking for that fight before he moves up in weight I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Great post. Wouldn't it be something if both Ioka and Roman moved up to 112. I would shed tears of joy lol. About Estrada, i couldn't agree more. Also, it was Estrada's first time dropping to 108 just to fight Roman... that had to be a factor as well. Perhaps Roman vs EL Confesor would be sick. Casimero, Nietes and Moi are also great match ups, like you said. Pedro Guevera needs a bit more polishing but in time that could be a nice match up as well. So many good fights for the talented Gonzalez, he just needs to go after them.
              I think Gonzalez and Ioka will be at 112 so enough. If Yaegashi and Ioka keep winning I think there will be a rematch for the flyweight championship. It's one of the biggest fights that can be made in Japan and I think it's the ultimate goal for both teams.
              If and when they both move up to 112 it would make it one of the most stacked divisions in boxing. Gonzalez, Ioka, Yaegashi, Melindo, Marquez, Viloria, Sosa, Segura would all make great fights matched with any which way. I wouldn't mind seeing Megrino in the mix with any of these guys either. He has a record that makes him look like a journeyman but he's been on a roll lately and has a entertaining style.

Comment

I think Gonzalez and Ioka will be at 112 so enough. If Yaegashi and Ioka keep winning I think there will be a rematch for the flyweight championship. It's one of the biggest fights that can be made in Japan and I think it's the ultimate goal for both teams.
                If and when they both move up to 112 it would make it one of the most stacked divisions in boxing. Gonzalez, Ioka, Yaegashi, Melindo, Marquez, Viloria, Sosa, Segura would all make great fights matched with any which way. I wouldn't mind seeing Megrino in the mix with any of these guys either. He has a record that makes him look like a journeyman but he's been on a roll lately and has a entertaining style.
                Akira vs Ioka rematch would be intense. The first one is a classic to me.. i can watch that fight for days on end without flinching. Ioka is a special talent, Akira is a gutsy warrior with the heart of king kong. Sosa vs Viloria is a rematch long overdue. It feels good to be a fan of the lower weight classes right now. I'm spazzing over these coming months and possible match ups. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X